IP Unbinds...

Derek

We are having the following problem.

We reboot a windows 2008 machine and the machine comes up but we can only access it from .163 not .162 which is the main ip.

Anyways so what we need to do to access it again from .162 is delete the .162 ip from the nic and readd it and everything goes back to normal.

It sounds like its not saving the nic settings. Any ideas ?

Yes it is the first ip on the nic setting and doesn't really make a difference if it is or isnt but anyhow,

yes it is a weird problem as it's the only machine doing this. Yes it is hard to delete because there is more then one step then just readding it.

Need to restart tcadmin monitor , need to restart the game server on the main ip.

What happens if the machine restarts or maintience ? The box comes back up but no tcadmin or no working servers until we login to rdp.

I'd contact the datacenter to question this.

I don't see how this relates to a data center at all... Not going to pay $175 hour for someone to figure out the issue. Just thought I post here in case anyone had a quick answer.

Couple things that can help you troubleshoot:

Make sure 162 is a usable IP on your subnet.

Make sure your NIC drivers are up-to-date. There could be a bug in your current version.

There could be a problem with your netsh GUI, try adding the IP via command line.

If all fails, there could be a misconfiguration in your initial TCP/IP configuration, try a TCP/IP reset and start over. (don't do it without a KVM)

Bad NIC? Try using the other if you have dual.

Good luck.

Couple things that can help you troubleshoot:

Make sure 162 is a usable IP on your subnet.

If all fails, there could be a misconfiguration in your initial TCP/IP configuration, try a TCP/IP reset and start over. (don't do it without a KVM)

Bad NIC? Try using the other if you have dual.

Good luck.

That was kind of what I was thinking. Usually this can be resolved much easier onsite. (Less things to go wrong)

• 3 weeks later...

Derek,

i had the same stupid problem and the problem was the great SP2 for Windows 2008. We had to delete it because the box was going from an IP to another and since we had a schedule reboot each 3 day's, the server would get back online with another IP ... and TCAdmin was no able to connect ... great fun :-P

If you like chalenge, delete SP2 but make a back up just in case ... it corrected my problem.

Archived