MW2 Hacked Dedicated servers

gemcneill

:( Some of us won't move on yet because we are still holding out hope that IW/Activision will listen and take our opinions into consideration. I have played it on PC and it is awesome. Just really is a shame in the whole lobby system and the fact of how it functions, not to mention that half of the time it is down.

god im not talking about dedicated servers anymore lol

Graphics on most maps are in my eyes (and not only in mine) good but not "realistic".

Idk how to explain but it looks like a cartoon, not real life. I wouldnt be susprised seeing Bugs Bunny coming out of a hole at certain maps.

if you are used to console games maybe thats not hurting ur eyes cuz i definitely think thats why they are like they are.

as for my GFx card its a GeForce 8800GTS so thats not it and as I said im not saying they are crap but ridiculous for this kind of FPS.

Of course you can disagree but I know Im not the only one who had this feeling.

PS : off topic but to the ppl who may want a more accurate ping estimation here is what to do into your mp cfg :

seta cg_ScoresPing_MaxBars "10"

seta cg_ScoresPing_Interval "20"

this way you can easily see ping differences & who host the game

However your gameplay comment is subjective to the player, however due to the fact that it is extremely similar to COD4:MW, I'm going to form my own opinion that "If you liked MW, if MW2 had dedicated servers you would have nothing to complain about because it plays very similar to MW2".

not exactly altho I do miss leaning and thats the reason why I never played CSS, must have a total of 3 hours in game for that one :)

PC games take an advantage on concole due to the fact that more keys = more possibilities.

I started MP games with sof2 to be honest and I still consider it as a great game as it includes everything a great game must have.

About MW2 gameplay and apart the no lean/no dedicated servers i dont see anything good added :

they took CoD4, removed some features, added a bunch of retarded perks and new maps and voila.

And I wont mention the lags and the 5 seconds timeout when host disconnects, if they want make it P2P fine but they better figure out a way that every1 host the game so when 1 leaves it doesnt affect others.

Now we could talk and argue for hours about how the game is, Ive played it and didnt like it and im 100% honest saying I wouldnt even spend a buck in it cuz thats a game where you can have fun for a couple of hours then you get bored for weeks.

I might buy mw2

yes, it is worth buying.. but I bought it cheaper than $60 retail price.

however, the lobby system is kinda cool, but yes we are still mad about the dedicated servers, but who cares? move on. a new game will come along.

graphics of the game is almost identical to COD4 but there are few tweaks and some new improvements.

new perks, new guns, few more modes :p 3rd person is kinda fun but wack at the same time haha.

you might get a bad host few times.. im not sure how they pick a host.. either by fastest computer or internet closest distances

but still .. i would rate this game atleast a 8.5-9 out of 10

however, we can't really change anything and can't blame IW that they make more sales off console than PC.

there no lean, but that doesn't bother me much.. CS + CSS never had lean and its something i used to play all the time, so this game makes me think its more of a CSS gameplay style with prone.

but this game is great so far :)

People will do anything to try bash iwnet or whatever now,

theres no dedicated servers its old news now move on, but some people dont and make false statments like its got virus ect :S

well a true statment is that IW.net has been failing several times already, no1 could join any game.

Another fail is that gamers using cracked versions were able to join the same games as legal ones + if the host picked up had a cracked version every1 was disconnected with a "host migration" error.

There are many fixes required, they should have taken more time to release it as it was their first experience with steam/vac.

Can you say Beta? This really would have been nice and would have allowed them the oppurtunity to test all aspects of the game. I have played PC FPS games since the first UT trial was released (a couple, or 10 years ago, hehehe). I have NEVER encounterd a game with so much hype and expectation behind it, that has failed this bad.

While I do disagree with the bogus slander and scare tactics, I do not need to hear, or see either to decide whether, or not this game is worth owning. The only reason that I own the game is solely from a business stand point, in hope of a dedicated patch from IW so that I can sell servers. If the patch comes great, if not I wasted $60.00 for 4 hours of great single player action as I will not play the multiplayer mode under the current format.

Can you say Beta? This really would have been nice and would have allowed them the oppurtunity to test all aspects of the game. I have played PC FPS games since the first UT trial was released (a couple, or 10 years ago, hehehe). I have NEVER encounterd a game with so much hype and expectation behind it, that has failed this bad.

While I do disagree with the bogus slander and scare tactics, I do not need to hear, or see either to decide whether, or not this game is worth owning. The only reason that I own the game is solely from a business stand point, in hope of a dedicated patch from IW so that I can sell servers. If the patch comes great, if not I wasted $60.00 for 4 hours of great single player action as I will not play the multiplayer mode under the current format.

the coop mode is fine with a friend else I agree with you the MP is definitely sh*t

You like the game, buy it ... you dont like there way of doing business, dont buy it. Its not fun to see how they kick us out (Some Gamers & GSP's) but what can we say?

Its there game so we got to go there way and i dont believe in a DS. Im sure they have a contract with STEAM to keep it that way for x time.

Archived