stewsta

I've set this one up so that it's ready for release in 3 or so hours.

Hope it helps.

Let me know if there's any problems.

Edit:

Sorry guys, as someone has pointed out, the config i used was using invalid quotation marks for setting the rcon password in the config template.

I've updated the attatchment,

but you can do it yourself by browsing to the game config (through supported games), clicking 'Default Config Files', clicking on the WORD server.cfg, then selecting 'Template File'.

Simply replace the two " " 's surrounding the %rconpassword%.

Secondly, change the "sv_flags" command to "sv_tags" - and you may want to add your own GSP name in there for easy finding.

Thirdly, add this line somewhere:

sv_allow_lobby_connect_only 0 // Allow or disallow lobby-only connections (0 to allow browser join)

These 3 modifications are included in the updated file attatched.

Other than that, it works fine.

Left4Dead 2.txt

Edited by stewsta

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI Peeps

Rcon issues ?

The config posted is using italic "" Quotes for the rcon password remove the "" and type them in manually

Heres what it looks like in the config, importing this will stop your rcon from working

rcon_password “%rconpassword%†//Set’s remote control password

Tut Tut to the person who made this config

Edited by louise

FYI Peeps

Rcon issues ?

The config posted is using italic "" Quotes for the rcon password remove the "" and type them in manually

Heres what it looks like in the config, importing this will stop your rcon from working

Tut Tut to the person who made this config

Im using my own config and when I set a private password cant query the game anymore, not even with HLSW.

I also tried setting up a publci server and adding the password via a rcon command, same result, server instantly disappeared from HLSW.

I have a problem

server fps is about 24-35 max, i have fpsbooster running, +fps_max 500 in commandline, fps_max 500 in server.cfg, -tickrate 66 in command line and sv_maxupdate/cmdrate ect all set.

But i still get 35 max server fps and no more than 30 tick thorugh to the clients.

My setup is a quad xeon 2.4, 180GB HDD, 4GB RAM, colocated box. Client fps (graphics) are fine and pings are fine, but every receives stutter / low server fps.

My css servers are running at 512fps, tf2 servers are running at roughly 400 fps, its just L4D2 thats the problem :(

Any help? :(

Edited by rpG.

I see someones already mentioned the sv_password crashes a server ..

I found that sv_steamgroup also killed the server too ...

We have upwards of 70 servers running with Sv_steamgroup no issues!!

Join this group.

Steam Group

G4mers' Life Line (GLL)

You will see a ton of servers.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use