Servers not restarting.

ViolentCrimes

Some servers hang, so tcadmin will still query it as online

I'm not sure if the -timeout <number> Command line parameter will have an affect if you add it

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Sorry for dredging up an old thread, but I'm also having the same problem. Even when the compatibility is set for the relevant game, the server still stays down. When i go to console, i see that the SRCDS package has thrown an exception, but nothing much happens, even if quering the server and shows as down.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the necrobump, but I saw no reason to make a new thread.

I'm having this same issue as well. If the server truly crashes and quits out, there are no issues. The issue is when the server (TF2 in this case) just hangs/freezes (to the degree that it isn't responding even to A2S queries), TCAdmin fails to detect it and the server will sit there, hung, until someone notices and we fix it manually.

And, yes, I have the aforementioned options all checked and doublechecked. Anybody have any ideas? Heck, I'd even settle for a third party app I could run, or, say, a php script run via cron that would try to query the server and restart it if it couldn't reach it or something.

Try restarting the monitor after configuring the game monitor to restart if it doesn't respond to query.

When you think a game server has crashed select it in tcadmin and click on the game server status page. If this page fails the game monitor should also detect it.

Archived