Longer Trial Licence

djcommy

Hello there,

I'm starting with a small gameserver hosting company,

I'd tried TCAdmin a few months ago on Windows Server 2003 and did not managed to get it working..

Now I'm configuring my server with Windows Server 2008 R2.

My question is: Does TCAdmin work on R2?

And also i would like to know if it's possible to get a trial for 1 month?

So i have enough time to figure out how to get it working correctly and how TCAdmin works.. on the 14-day trial i did not managed to get TCAdmin working and test it..

Regards,

Joel

The trial license is 20 days, not 14. If you already have had a trial then you will need to purchase a license.

However, as stated above I would find someone to help you if you cannot configure it on your own.

Feel free to post an ad for help in the advertising section. I am sure someone will be able to get you up and running for a small fee.

We found one bug related to stats collection on 2K8, however it was easily fixed.

Games run no differently on 2008 than on 2003.

True, but it works fine out of the box. We removed the page file which caused the stat collection not too work :p

• 2 weeks later...

I dont yet have my server running but a friend of mine has 1 with server 2008 standard edtion

i however find the css server run better on server 2008,

By that i mean less crashing

He had a server 2003 servers were crashing all the time

He then switched to server 2008 and the servers files are the same he just moved them to a new server and not 1 server crashed on the new server

Iam also going server 2008 my server should be online today / tomorow

Cheers

I dont yet have my server running but a friend of mine has 1 with server 2008 standard edtion

i however find the css server run better on server 2008,

By that i mean less crashing

He had a server 2003 servers were crashing all the time

He then switched to server 2008 and the servers files are the same he just moved them to a new server and not 1 server crashed on the new server

Iam also going server 2008 my server should be online today / tomorow

Cheers

A 2003 server properly configured doesn't crash. Got about 60 CSS servers running and almost never crashing (only a zombie one sometimes does but thats like once a week).

A 2003 server properly configured doesn't crash. Got about 60 CSS servers running and almost never crashing (only a zombie one sometimes does but thats like once a week).

By properly config what do you mean ?

I have disabled services and i find server 2003 still sucks

Can you elaborate some more ?

Also them 60 servers there not one 1 box are they ?

Well its a well known fact (yes, I said "fact") that 2003 doesn't suck generally. It may "suck" at a role, but if your having problems with Windows 2003 and gameservers - than its 100% user error. What Dimitri says about properly configuring it to be a gameserver is true.

Thousands of Windows gameserver machines running 2003 can't be wrong.

By properly config what do you mean ?

I have disabled services and i find server 2003 still sucks

Can you elaborate some more ?

Also them 60 servers there not one 1 box are they ?

Proper config actually means :

OS properly configured

TCA properly configured (talking about the game cfg, have seen a lot of ppl not assigning a specific port to source tv for exemple so basically they hac some ports occupied making other servers not starting)

Game Server properly configured (using latest and stable versions of mod and plugins, running some basic protections).

Of course I don't have the 60 instances on the same machine and that proves I am right when I talk about config. Im not "lucky" on 1 machine, I just have them all configured the same way (and they dont have all same hardware) and the game servers work flawless.

Altho to be able to have game servers running properly you must have spent time making tests and learning stuffs, doesnt happen magically in 1 day.

Yes i understand what your saying

I have had a few servers and every1 acts different but yet i dont do anything different to them,

So you dont disable any services? or make any reg tweaks?

Cheers

Do you guys use anything special for running your database like a gui tool like navicat?

Yes i understand what your saying

I have had a few servers and every1 acts different but yet i dont do anything different to them,

So you dont disable any services? or make any reg tweaks?

Cheers

Do you guys use anything special for running your database like a gui tool like navicat?

of course I do.

Thats something you will ahve to lean figure out. If you are running a business you may be interested purchasing my guide that is exactly related to what we are talking about (click my signature :) ).

Else you can just take some days/weeks to run different tests with different configs and see how it goes. Up to you to spend time or money.

I dont get why you would "run" your database with a GUI tool. Your database should run as a service.

I mean run it as a ser4vice but like navicat connect to the DB so you can import and export and stuff alittle like cpanel phpmyadmin

What is this guide you are talking about?

and how much ill try anything to get better performance

I know how to setup config and all that jazz,

Cheers

Here is what iam looking into using, just to make a few thinbg easier on the DB side of things

http://www.navicat.com/

If you use msn please add kaosx77 [at] hotmail.com and we can chat there

cheers

Try the MySQL GUI Tools http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/gui-tools/5.0.html.

It might not be as pretty as Navicat, but it's free.

To clarify for Dimitri, they don't run the database, just allow you to connect and get a nice GUI to administrate the MySQL database. They are better than the most popular GUI, phpMyAdmin, which requires PHP to be installed. It also makes it easier for those that don't know the commands for the MySQL console.

ye i got the point of the gui but got confused by the term used "running".

As for the guide Im talking about you can click my signature to get on the TCA thread.

Basically Ive written some guides for TCA users and one of them is about configurin win 2003 for game servers, includes tips, tweaks, a few files, check list. Not trying to advertise for it but that could be something your looking for altho its a pay one as its supposed to be used in business purposes. Its a time saver which means there are no big secrets but its compiling weeks/months of researches and tests I have made to properly configure my environment. Thats for ppl who prefer spend money than time basically.

Check the thread you will get my email/msn there if your interested.

ye i got the point of the gui but got confused by the term used "running".

As for the guide Im talking about you can click my signature to get on the TCA thread.

Basically Ive written some guides for TCA users and one of them is about configurin win 2003 for game servers, includes tips, tweaks, a few files, check list. Not trying to advertise for it but that could be something your looking for altho its a pay one as its supposed to be used in business purposes. Its a time saver which means there are no big secrets but its compiling weeks/months of researches and tests I have made to properly configure my environment. Thats for ppl who prefer spend money than time basically.

Check the thread you will get my email/msn there if your interested.

Email sent to admin [at] roxservers . com

Archived