Installing Games - Stuck in the mud

Guest NGS-Brett

Guest NGS-Brett

hey community,

im new to using tcadmin on my own. i used to rent from others and the games would be preinstalled.

Now ive come to the point where im stuck in the mud and have no clue where to get the games.

I have tried the steam games when i run this command errors pop up saying this doesnt exist. Im not sure if i ran this code right from start>cmd

c:\Program Files (x64)\Valve\Steam\hldsupdatetool.exe -command update -game cstrike -dir C:\GameInstalls\CS

Thats a example but i get an error and i really need help getting all the game files including steam and more like bf2, aa 3.0 and 2.8.5, cod all versions and more.

Please help

Guest NGS-Brett

ECF this is what really helps people who dont know how to isntall this.

1) Getting started with HLDSUpdatetool

First of all download hldsupdatetool from the VALVe webserver. We save it to a temporary location and run it.

Navigate through the wizard like you are used to, which means next most of the time. When it asks you about the destination folder, click browse. Type c:\srcds in the textfield and click on OK. Finish the wizard.

Now click on Start, Run and type cmd . Type in the commands mentioned here and end a line with the enter key.

Command(s):

C:

cd \srcds

hldsupdatetool

The new version of HLDSUpdateTool will be downloaded now. As soon the cursor just blinks, press CTRL-C.

2) Downloading the files

Now we have an account, we can start downloading the files. This can take a few hours depending on the connection the server uses.

Command(s):

hldsupdatetool -command update -game "Counter-Strike Source" -dir C:\srcds

I need help now installing other games

Guest NGS-Brett

If anyone can pass along the game files for other games not steam please let me know.

And where to get game mods.

Thanks very appreicated

Many of the non steam games require you purchase them to get the server files and hence the files are protected and it is illegal to distribute them.

The ones that do have straight up dedicated server files can be found on the websites posted by Steven.

If there is a specific game(s) you are having trouble with post the title(s) and the community can tell you whether there are free server files available or if you must go purchase the game and then upload your CD (or take it to the datacenter if you live by). But it is poor taste to ask on public forums for people to break the law for you ;)

Guest NGS-Brett

Doug,

In april i used to rent servers from CBL already assembled with TCA.

Now im over at the datacenter my self with full access.

Guest NGS-Brett

Well derek im not asking for that. Im just asking for the steam command and how to isntall vent. thats all i jsut got all the other game installs

Guest NGS-Brett

No he didnt not for AA. And when i was told you can get AA 3 via steam, im wondering the steam command for that it would be -game xxx xxx being the name i need to call out and download AA 3.0

Guest NGS-Brett

Then how would i go about getting aa 2.8.5, 3.0 and patches all the way up to the latest 3.0.1 or something.

Do i need to use the deploy client?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use