Setting rcon password in command line

gemcneill

I know this can be done for games like css, l4d, l4d2, gmod, tf2, ect, but when creating the command line you cant use %rconpassword% to have it input the rcon they requested when the server is being created. I know this can be done for the config file but I would like to do this in the command line. Is there away around this?

George

It doesn't store it in a usable database field though, I've already experimented with that. Also even though you use the config editor, when you re-use it a second time it does not populate the data from the config file already edited, and instead loads the "default" values.

At least it does on ours, however I find that making a config editor is only good for some games. Call of Duty, SourceTV, Battlefield, and probably a few others. Source based games though never get used and we used to have one. It became to much upkeep to support every single mod configuration possible - and than people just complain when variable xyz is missing anyways.

Right you can do this as an overide but it will not be setup this way by default. With the security holes in valves engine I would like to see if this would be possible to do. This will prevent the exploit in the orangebox engine to allow them to download the server.cfg. The only other option is to disallow downloads, which is really not a option with all the custom maps out there.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use