Pre Sale Questions

Lucas

Hello,

I am thinking on moving from Linux to Windows on my small E7400 2.8GHz with 4GB RAM server to be able to not go through weird setups with my Garry's Mod server plus being able to use a decent and organized control panel for my servers so I stop getting confused and constantly working through my command line.

I was wondering, how much resources does it use? Do you recommend Windows 2003 or 2008 for TCAdmin?

Help is appreciated.

If you only have one server then you can use the Access database which uses next to nothing for resources.

I would suggest Windows 2003 server unless you are looking for high FPS servers, then you would want to go with Windows 2008 server.

Would you suggest x64 over x86? I've heard that it's actually better to go with x64 as it runs all the srcds servers natively instead in x64 it uses an "emulator" you could say which degrades a little bit of performance on this type of gameservers.

Archived