Slot change

gamespeak

Well indeed after testing it looks like u can change the slots setting with the provided token.

Also i cant use any token when i create another server, cause i then dont get the use token option available.

**SOLVED** My bad i didnt read, problem solved :D THX guys

I tried on our test server and cannot change the slot count. Unless I am missing something.

How exactly are they changing it? What steps are they performing in the client?

Are you sure that they don't have access to the server.ini file? Slots can be changed there I think.

Hello

It is about is to get level 100 inside client, after you get this on an virtual server some new permission are available inside permission.

When you change the template and restart teamspeak 3 server , all new virtual servers will use this admin template.

level100-1.bmp

Did some testing and u could not change the slots with beta 1-3, and after beta 5 it is possible to change slots with the admin token provided on server creation.

So u need to login as serverquery admin and change the template set for server admin and remove the modify server max clients.

Same counts for up and download quota, cause these are also accessible by server admin

Did some testing and u could not change the slots with beta 1-3, and after beta 5 it is possible to change slots with the admin token provided on server creation.

There is a post already on the TS3 forum about this:

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=49061

:oh noes

do not think we're talking about the same, we talk abount Prevent user from doing this

Well from what i understand u want to prevent the customer from changing the amount of slots on your server by using the serveradmin token u give him as a host to manage the server.

What i mean is that the option was disabled before server beta 5 by default, but later u could change it as a server admin.

Meaning as a host u need to do the stated above to prevent them from changing the amount of slots they rent and from starting the file sharing option.

Well from what i understand u want to prevent the customer from changing the amount of slots on your server by using the serveradmin token u give him as a host to manage the server.

What i mean is that the option was disabled before server beta 5 by default, but later u could change it as a server admin.

Meaning as a host u need to do the stated above to prevent them from changing the amount of slots they rent and from starting the file sharing option.

:rolleyes: Then you understand, or I do :|:

the issue im having is when you give the user the token they can then edit virtual server and raise the max slots.

I tried to modify the template under permissions -> server groups but I dont know what im doing wrong. This will set the permissions for that one virtual server only. I would like to set these permissions across all new and existing virtual servers my customers use.

I have a master server running on port 9987 which launches the ts3 server as a windows service. Do I need to login this virtual server to adjust the template by using the ts3 client ?

the issue im having is when you give the user the token they can then edit virtual server and raise the max slots.

I tried to modify the template under permissions -> server groups but I dont know what im doing wrong. This will set the permissions for that one virtual server only. I would like to set these permissions across all new and existing virtual servers my customers use.

I have a master server running on port 9987 which launches the ts3 server as a windows service. Do I need to login this virtual server to adjust the template by using the ts3 client ?

Yes - The easy way is to do it inside client (example 9987) Get level 100 So you can see the menu like my screen dump.

Do you now howto get level 100 admin rights ? Or try to follow my teamspeak.com link

When you got this right you can edit the template , but i require restart of server (TS3 SERVER) not only virtual server and only new server are affected.

Archived