Online Chats

MaxXx

umm customers love being able to talk live. But it means that you have 200x more questions than you would if you didn't offer it. By not offering live chat, you force people to really consider if their problem can be solved by a google search before they submit a support ticket.

I use AIM and can answer many questions quickly. I know php live help is a popular one, and I know there are plenty of free things out there.

• 4 weeks later...

FragnServers.com just bought the full verson of supportsuite for 500 bucks and hired a third party company to integrate it fully.

We love kayako :smile:

Let me know how that goes, Ive been looking for a system for our use.... Im honestly tired of watching the crafty syntax requests going across our proxy, but we couldn't beat the price... But we are about to start growing again (I hope).

Also, let me know how your intergration system is going.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd lean towards something like live chat vs MSN, AIM etc.

Live support like what is used in kayako can be integrated in your help desk, faq section, etc. which is much easier especially if you have more then one support tech and need to keep track of issues. MSN, AIM can only be used by one user and unless that is your only support tech it is useless..

The other problem is when you have a few customers the msn type support is nice but when your business grows and you find yourself spending hours and hours every day answering "quick questions" it becomes a liability.. It's a balancing act either way you go.

Came across this program today. All in one Support, Chat, Scheduler.

http://auraclesupport.com/index.php?page=solution

I like this one better then kayako support suite. This one is simple, ordered and easy to manage, not to mention the price difference. I am not the big fan of huge programs with million of functions like kayako or modernbill, want to keep it easy, for me and my customers.

But in the end the decision is up to everybody himself :razz:

For the small price per month, you can allways try it out anyways.

I never heard of it before, I simply stubled across it over at WHT.

Figured I would post it up, as not everyone here has $100's to spend on support/chat systems.

This one looks very good, esp for the price. It will be interesting to see if it can be integrated into MB. I seriously considered Kayako, but was turned off by the price. I came very close to purchasing it, until I found Cerberus. The free Cerberus version works fine for my needs and integrates with MB. Then for live support, I found Crafty Syntax which is freeware and again it suits my needs well, esp considering the price :smile:

• 2 months later...

I use Boldchat.com

Its 50$ Per Month. Yeah thats Per Month.. So it can be as you can imagine quite expensive over a long period of time. Especially when most you can buy outright for 50$.

I do like this one the most. Its VERY good and I couldn't go back to using any other one really

• 4 weeks later...

Used to do the AIM, MSN and Yahoo rubbish but have learnt my lesson too many times where a clan breaks there server and you get the mass of messages from them all trying to point the blame at someone else. Ill stick to my email and trusty tcadmin support. Hasnt done me wrong yet :smile:

-Chris

I provide MSN and some times you do get full clans messaging, but its useful I find to get a mesage immediatlely.

I also have Text/SMS messaging for support when someone raises a Priority 1 Support Query, sends a message to my mobile phone to alert me somethign catatrophic has gone down.

So far it hasnt been abused at 4am while I am sleeping... :smile:

I have to say, I like Crafty Syntax better than Kayako's chat. Crafty lets you see how long they have been idle (ie, no mouse movement over the page at all), compared to Kayako (I use both, one is for the main GSP I started, and the other is for my dedi server business).

**Edit**

Also, I run linux for my laptop (Ubuntu), and I can use Crafty with it, compared to having to RDP to the house or the office to use Kayako's... That's a big plus for me.

Archived