AvP Config File

sg_pyro

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, but your wrong bud, it comes out 02/16....as in TODAY.... :)

No, if you want to be technical the game come outs at 9AM on steam.

"Today, 08:57 AM" is when you posted. As far as I know almost all stores that will offer the game are open at 9AM. Let alone that the dedicated server files have yet to be released...

Seems like files won't be out until the next few days.. how disappointing from Rebellions' end.

Rebellion are busy preparing the dedicated server for the Aliens vs. Predator community. We hope to have a beta release with reduced functionality out in the next few days and further updates to improve functionality and fix bugs over the next few weeks.

The files will be available to download from the “Tools” tab in the Steam client and will be a free download.

This thread will be updated as and when there is more information to provide.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1148443

I'm pretty sure you can run most steam games from their exe without using steam (though, steam needs to be running) So just logging in and minimising it through RD should work fine, if not ideal. You don't need to own the game on the steam account you use, so that makes it a little easier.

Seems running the AvP_CLI.exe in the steam folder works fine.

If you copy the AVP folder elsewhere and run AvP_CLI from there, it still seems to run from the steam folder, so I'm not sure how that'll work with TCA, I'll leave that for someone clever

-exec C:\other.cfg works in the command line for specifying custom config files.

Edited by Dr. Kitteny Berk
More info

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use