tcadmin for linux

I know I should have searched around which I have but I just couldn't find it. Just a few questions:

I understand the pricing now due to previous threads.

When will the next version be out (estimate if needed) for LINUX OS (centos)?

Would you choose Windows over Linux for gameservers?

Please clarify. Thank you.

I know I should have searched around which I have but I just couldn't find it. Just a few questions:

I understand the pricing now due to previous threads.

When will the next version be out (estimate if needed) for LINUX OS (centos)?

Would you choose Windows over Linux for gameservers?

Please clarify. Thank you.

I can hostly say that I'd rather run on windows than linux. I ran the Linux version for a while (during the beta test), and the tcadmin part was great, but the games just didn't perform as well as on the windows box. I even had people that played on both linux & windows servers we hosted remark on it.

TCAdmin does not integrate with WHM. We do however have a full Modernbill module that can be used for autosetup, billing, suspension etc..

The software is hosted on your machines. We do provide HELM based hosting accounts if usrs wish to have their webpages and database hosted for them.

great. I know what to do now.

i really thought linux was better to for gameservers, better performance/quality but i guess im wrong.

thanks for all your help!

It might be, but it was running like crap for me... Even have the hacks I found for the kernel and such. I am a RHCE, so I atleast passed that knowledge test, so it wasn't like I was a n00b trying it on a servermatrix box.

Now, for running 1 or two servers, for hobby, its great. I do that still, but I just dont feel like its worth it for my paying clients.

We recommend Windows 2003 Server Standard edition. It is by far the most stable windows version to date. Very easy to use and update. Windows 2000 Server will also work fine.

We do not recommend using WinXP. It is bloated with features that are not needed in a server environment. Furthermore it is designed as a desktop computing OS not a multiuser server system.

And WinXP has limitations such as a 10 user maximum connection limit on it's IIS (Internet Information Services)

I'd like to know if it matters where I install the software? Say I'd like to use gameservers for 1 box, and another box for the to install/store the cpanel, would this work or does the cpanel have to be in the same box as the gameservers are hosted?

Archived