problem after installing tcadmin

newserver7

when I go to

Admin Home > System Settings > Plugin Manager

get this error

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

TCAdminSDK.Info.IsPluginLicensed(String xde5a9321cb4e9960) +104

Web.plugins.x8fbdba6bd2c10aa9(String x9b29bf320b440900, SortDirection x72634e98f4d9c25c) +278

TCAdminSDK.Web.UI.WebGrid.SetTCAdminDataSource() +367

Web.plugins.xde97676d01739ced(Object xe0292b9ed559da7d, EventArgs xfbf34718e704c6bc) +37

System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4016; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016

when i go to

Admin Home > System Settings > Supported Games

get this error

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

TCAdminSDK.Info.GetLicenseKey() +104

TCAdminSDK.Info.get_IsDataCenterClient() +9

Web.supported_games.xde97676d01739ced(Object xe0292b9ed559da7d, EventArgs xfbf34718e704c6bc) +48

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4016; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Here we are many months after this orginal post was done and I'm having this same problem.

I just moved my Master Server and Web Server (same machine) to a new server box. The box is temporarily attached to my home network behind a wireless router (hardwired) so I can load and test it before installing it in the data-center.

I purchased a new TCAdmin Master license and I copied the old database over to the new server. I ran the TCASetup program and set everything without a problem. I sees I'm in a pricate network (192.168.0.191) and it sees my external IP as what is assigned to my router by my ISP (Comcast).

The TCAdmin service starts under Windows 2008 Server, as does the web page under IIS. When I go to the TCAdmin web page, however, I get the message listed in the top of this post. Also, I go to Admin Home > System Settings > Supported Games or Admin Home > System Settings > Plugin Manager. I also get a message saying "Could not connect to the master monitor" when I go to the Game Services list and I can't delete the old game servers from the list without the system hanging (probably because I'm not connecting to the Master Server - duh).

I suspect my problems are related to not having any fixed IP external addresses installed yet and due to the fact I'm behind a router at home and because I have a dynamically assigned internal IP for the server right now. I'd like to know this for sure instead of having more issues once the server box is installed in a data-center 2 hours from my home. If anyone could confirm this with some reasonable certainty. I'd be very grateful.

Regards,

Mike Vail

• 2 months later...

I ended up reloading TCAdmin from scratch a while ago and it fixed the problem. However, several months later I am experiencing this again after another datacenter move. Oddly, the error only occurs when I attempt to access the settings of a voice server in TCAdmin. All the other features work perfectly and the voice server is running properly even though I can't access it via the panel.

My initial though is that the problem is related to an IIS issue on my Windows 2008 Dedicated server so I'm going to try reinstalling the TCA website with the TCAdminConfig.exe program and if that doesn't fix it, I'm going to submit a support ticket so we can all benefit from the fix.

Stay tuned..

Well no go: below is the error message I get in my browser (Firefox or IE 8) when I try to view the settings of a Ventrilo Server on my TCAdmin:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

Web.virtualvoiceserver_home.xb41400265ea13107() +1086

Web.virtualvoiceserver_home.xde97676d01739ced(Object xe0292b9ed559da7d, EventArgs xfbf34718e704c6bc) +597

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4952; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4955

Submitting ticket now. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Mike Vail

• 1 month later...

- If you are using a MySQL database install MySQL on the new server. Make a backup of your MySQL database and restore it on the new server.

To backup your database you can use mysqldump.exe located in the mysql\bin folder like this:

mysqldump.exe -uroot -pRoot_Password Database_Name > C:\backup.sql

This creates the backup file at c:\backup.sql. Replace Root_Password with the root password and Database_Name with the name of your tcadmin database. The database is named tcadmin by default.

The Windows 2003 and XP (SP1 or later) operating systems introduced DEP (Data Execution Prevention). This feature of windows was designed to prevent unauthorized code execution. However, DEP is know to cause issue with some games as well as many MODS as well. We recommend turning DEP off, or configuring your server to only allow DEP to be active for windows programs only. To learn more about Microsoft DEP, please see the link below.

Archived