Payments

Guest MordyT

Guest MordyT

Hello,

I play/admin on a server that recently went down. I am unable to get ahold of the guy who normally takes care of everything, he seems to have disappeared. Needless to say, I am 99% positive that it is a billing issue and would like to pay for a month (or maybe more) of hosting using paypal. I do have a login to the client area (or some variant of it) that he gave me a while back, but when I tried to login it say "User suspended". If a admin/server controller could get in touch with me, I would appreciate it.

My e-mail is mordy [at] rvoclan [dot] info

Thank you very much for you time.

Guest Mordy

I have absolutely no idea at all. I know he uses tcadmin, since the link he sent me is http://xremovedx.tcadmin.net

From what I gather, when you have a tcadmin subdomain, you host with them. I am so lost with this and just want the server back up...

Guest MordyT

P.S. since I can't edit - gotta love vBulletin.

I appear to have had a user login from what I see in the demo. And no, he has not removed my access. Lat time the servers went down, I got the same message and then he resolved it.

Guest MordyT
Is this a single game server that you rent from them? Or is it a dedicated server?

If I told you the IP of the server, could you tell me?

Guest Mordy

I have come to learn that this is not a tcadmin problem, something else. Thanks to the admin who contacted me.

I had this issue way back when a few times with things -- Typically a host has no problem with someone else taking over the account, if they can prove they currently have access (or correct login credentials) to the services.

Should definately try and contact the host thats hosting the actual gameservers (Not the TCAdmin panel) and make arrangements to takeover the account --or at minimal, post payment to the account. Then you can make arrangements to move providers should you feel the need to.

Like someone said earlier, you can typically find a lot out about who's hosting the services just by doing some lookups on the IPs.

Hope you solve your situation!

-Adam

Guest Mordy

Unfortantly I can't figure out who the host is. When I run a trace route, I end up with as29550.net. And that does not seem like a hosting company.

TCAdmin can't help find out who the provider is? If the TCAdmin Master is hosted with TCAdmin I would think they might be able to get you off into the right direction.

However, it very well may be time to find a provider as well. Good luck on your journey and best wishes.

Guest Mordy
Time to find a new host then ;)

That is the hard part. The person who set it all up had all these special configs/settings, most of which I don't know anything about. There was a clan specific server, etc. I am the only person who he even trusted with the rcon password, that is how private he kept things. I don't want to have to start from scratch, rather revive the old server. I am getting in contact with the website I linked above, maybe they can give me more info.

It is unfortunate that we cannot help this person out, but we are legally bound by our privacy agreement and cannot give out any client information.

I hope that you are able to find the host and make a payment or at least get your config files.

Guest Mordy

Well, I signed up with low ping gameservers, if anyone used them before, can you share your experience. Now to get it set up like the old server...

Guest Mordy

OMG, I feel like an idiot. The subdomain - http://removed.tcadmin.net is the key. After I signed up with lpgs, my login was http://lps.tcadmin.net or something similar to that. So I traced the subdomain to the host. It gets worse. They have a banner on their subdomain page which I thought was a tcadmin banner, but is their personal one instead. Only after I signed up did I realize what was what. Lets see if they will talk to me...

Guest Mordy

Well, got my old servers back up and now I got new servers as well. Expensive, but at least I can play. Someone should close this. Thanks to all who offered assistance!

Archived