HLSW Multi-Server Import

bullfrog3459

I re-worked a couple of scripts to get what i wanted in the system_tools.aspx page of my tcadmin. It writes out a list of the IP's:Port:Query Port for the game servers.

Just two notes for this, if it breaks, im not responsible, i have only tested this on my tcadmin and use it regularly and so far no issues.

The other is:

<% Dim sConString As String = "DRIVER={MySQL ODBC <Choose 5.1 or 3.51> Driver}; SERVER=<database_location>; " _
					& "DATABASE=<database>; UID=<username>; PASSWORD=<database_password>; OPTION=3" %>

This needs setup in the system_tools.aspx page, you can use your favorite editor for this.

An example would be:

<% Dim sConString As String = "DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver}; SERVER=localhost; " _
					& "DATABASE=tcadmin; UID=root; PASSWORD=password; OPTION=3" %>

Enjoy!

Jeremiah Shinkle

P.S. Thanks to the developer of a portion of this script!

http://clientforums.tcadmin.com/showpost.php?p=10481&postcount=22

yep entered and have odbc drivers

Hmmmm, couple of things, may be on the silly side, but what OS, and MySQL Version and ODBC Driver are you using?

And something stupid, but want to make sure, you didn't leave any of the < or > in the mysql line did you?

And its only when selecting the HLSW MultiServer Output correct?

Hmmmm, couple of things, may be on the silly side, but what OS, and MySQL Version and ODBC Driver are you using?

And something stupid, but want to make sure, you didn't leave any of the < or > in the mysql line did you?

And its only when selecting the HLSW MultiServer Output correct?

Windows 2008 Web x64

ODBC driver -> 6.0.6002.18005

Mysql 5.1.30-community

Thanks for replys.

EDIT : solved! :) Forgot to mention localhost :p thanks

Hm edit again, still not working heres my code:

<% Dim sConString As String = "DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver}; SERVER=localhost; " _	& "DATABASE=tcadmin; UID=root; PASSWORD=xxxxxx; OPTION=3" %>

edit : worked with 3.51 driver. thanks

No Problem Goran! Glad it works. Is it something that is useful?

Very much, maybe an idea: Export server list by dedicated server? So I can create separate lists for every server in HLSW and multi-import them? :)

Just by going what it spit out, either A. It cannot find the database you are trying to attach to, or B. it cannot find the version of ODBC you are trying to use. Remember to only choose 3.51 or 5.1. I run mine on 5.1 but i have had this working on 3.51 before we had to update.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Jeremiah Shinkle

Goran,

I have a little present for you and everyone else!

Luis did wonders for my script and actually came up with one that uses the system odbc instead of having to input information to the sql query and it also outputs to all and then you have all of the options for all of your dedicated servers for a breakdown. =]]

use away, just remember i am not responsible for if this breaks, but i seriously doubt it will though, since Luis has done wonders to this!

change the file name from system_tools_revised.txt to system_tools.aspx when you have a backup of your current file and are ready to upload the new one.

Thanks,

Jeremiah Shinkle

system_tools_revised.txt

I think that with last update the system_tools.aspx has been modified , so now I don't have the HLSW multi import.

What I would like to know , did the file system_tools.aspx changed in relation to the one you posted?

I think that with last update the system_tools.aspx has been modified , so now I don't have the HLSW multi import.

What I would like to know , did the file system_tools.aspx changed in relation to the one you posted?

yes to the one that i posted was the original but only modified enough to make hlsw msi to work, with the new one and Luis's coding he rewrote several parts of it to make it do what it does now. Its still all the same basic stuff, the only thing was added was a few more if/then/else's and a little rewrite of how the system_tools.aspx displays out in the drop down menu, and the mysql query changed just a little bit as it has 2 now, but depends on which the if/else calls it passes, but no harm is being done with this, as it uses the ODBC connection instead of having to import the connection settings.

Let me know if you need more detail, you can hit me up via email or msn messenger.

Archived