Something to ponder..

Defcon|Rich

I know feature requests aren't being taken but while I'm thinking about it I wanted to share a few observations.

First off, when creating a new server I love the popup window giving you feedback to what's going on. Very nice touch and a time saver if something goes wrong. but when it's finished installing it forces you to manually close the window, I've created several servers now and everytime I sit there waiting for the window to close on it's own but it never does ;) Call me stubborn but it feels like the process should have an end..

And possibly when the server is created and ready to go the page would forward to the installed servers location would be handy for the guys like me who get sidetracked easily ;)

Thanks!

I was looking at that myself the other night Rich. Thanks for bring it up as I forgot about it...

I am thinking this system will be tweaked some more as I can see your point, but I can also see people not wanting to see the status window as well. Maybe an on/off switch may be in order...

My thought was most users would sit there watching the window and not realize the server was created. So maybe closing the window and forwarding the user to the created server would be something to think about. Possibly an on/off switch but to me for what it's worth the status window is one of the things I really like about this version as it shows the user in real time exactly what's happening and most importantly it displays if any errors are present which would be a time saver rather then having to check the logs and/or involve support.

• 3 weeks later...