LF Game server files and TCAdmin configs

Fragnet

Thanks Derek, but I am well aware of those config files.

They are a bit old though and I need config files related to the actual download as well.

I am not sure if some of those games are illegal to share (should only be the actual cd-key?!), but if that's the case - we can exclude any of those.

I have not gotten my hopes up about this, as it's basicly like asking for a smoke in jail... ;)

You should learn where too find game files on your own, game files are constantly updating so my running and grabing you copies today is a waste of time becuase you will need new ones next week. (and for some possibly sooner then next week).

I'd start by learning to use hldsupdatetool from valve that will provide several of the games you have listed and is probably the easiest single source of files.

After that just start working down the ones that are left one by one, in general if "dedicated server files for (enter game title)" search in google doesn't result in something legit on the first page then dedicated server files are simply included on the disc and yes its illegal to transfer they are copyrighted material.

You should learn where too find game files on your own, game files are constantly updating so my running and grabing you copies today is a waste of time becuase you will need new ones next week. (and for some possibly sooner then next week).

I'd start by learning to use hldsupdatetool from valve that will provide several of the games you have listed and is probably the easiest single source of files.

After that just start working down the ones that are left one by one, in general if "dedicated server files for (enter game title)" search in google doesn't result in something legit on the first page then dedicated server files are simply included on the disc and yes its illegal to transfer they are copyrighted material.

You can't expect any GSP here to provide all those game files to you for FREE and I would question the files if they were FREE. (we wouldn't even give all our game files for $2500) as it took alot of time to get ~100 game files and configs to work correctly.

I do know where to get most of them, as I've ran GSPs in the past - even if I am not up to date with the newer mods. Regardless if you know where to get them or not, it's a time consuming effort and I was looking for an easy way around that part.

As stated above, I have already downloaded everything possible with hldsupdatetool as well as Battlefield/UT series. I am more interested in the mods and map packs, with the appropriate config files.

Everyone can keep any patronizing comments to themselves. Either provide useful information in the thread or refrain from posting...

I do know where to get most of them, as I've ran GSPs in the past - even if I am not up to date with the newer mods. Regardless if you know where to get them or not, it's a time consuming effort and I was looking for an easy way around that part.

As stated above, I have already downloaded everything possible with hldsupdatetool as well as Battlefield/UT series. I am more interested in the mods and map packs, with the appropriate config files.

Everyone can keep any patronizing comments to themselves. Either provide useful information in the thread or refrain from posting...

What you are doing is illegal by asking for such files as well as a smack in the face for those who spend hours a day adding mods , map packs , game files , game configs for you can get it "easy". If you were asking for let's say 1 set of files here and there sure everyone can live with that. :)

Actually, once ECF sees this thread you might find yourself banned from here. It wasn't just a week or two ago that he stated that if anyone asks for game files they would be banned. I'd edit your posts and remove that and ask for help for just mods and configs if I were you. It is illegal to share most game files other than anything that is open source.

Forget I did even ask....

I thank Sickpuppy who did a contribution to the community by sharing his game configs. Even if you have to redo a lot, you still get a foundation to work on...

The rest of you, I can be without...

I am not sure if some of those games are illegal to share (should only be the actual cd-key?!), but if that's the case - we can exclude any of those.

I have worked as a Store Manager for GAME in the past - I value any effort supporting the gaming community in general and would NEVER consider doing anything piracy wise.

It's always like this on this forum - you find most posts being hi-jacked by "better-knowing" people. You see new GSPs trying to advertise and all of the sudden their business knowledge gets questioned by other GSPs. I have already posted I will NOT break any piracy rules and that I do possess the original games myself. If you aren't interested in selling this as a service or even help out, then why even bother to post?

Spend your time improving your business instead of wasting it bashing me asking for a helping hand (paying for it)!

I agree with LPG and also just everyone here. Get the files yourself. That way your LEGAL. Most issues with a lot of startup companies especially GSP's ran with kids almost always use illegal files and it sends shivers down my back knowing there isnt a whole lot we can do about it. Now as far as us giving out everything, we had to work ourselves up to what we have and how much we have now, you can do the same.

If the publisher is not EA or VAVLE there is a very high chance that you be required to purchase a license/cd key for the full game. The easiest way to see if the gameserver you are wanting to run has free dedicated server files is to google "gamename dedicated server", contact the publishers customer support or sales department or check for the recent updates made to the game which normally include client and server side fixes and a download for both if there are dedicated server files.

Green - Dedicated server files can be downloaded from the publisher/free dedicated server files.

Battlefield 1942

Battlefield 2 Unranked

Battlefield 2142

Battlefield Vietnam

Call of Duty

Call of Duty United Offensive

Call of Duty 2

Call of duty 4

Call of Duty 5

Counter-Strike 1.6

Counter-Strike Condition Zero

Counter-Strike Source

Day of Defeat

Day of Defeat Source

Enemy Territory

Enemy Territory Quake Wars

Garry's Mod

Half life 2 Death Match

Left 4 Dead

Left 4 Dead 2

Quake 3

Quake 4

Soldier of Fortune 2 v1.00

Soldier of Fortune 2 Gold

Soldier of Fortune 2 Demo

Team Fortress 2

Unreal Tournament 99

Unreal Tournament 3

Unreal Tournament 2004

You can download UT dedicated server files as well. Half of the list is downloadable from Steam, EA ones from their FTP and so on..

The game files are actually not of importance here - it's the mods, maps and patches along with config files.

I have however decided I will download everything myself and set it up - as I have a feeling I will be bad-mouthed by people in here if I don't. Not that I care a bit, but I don't want to give them the pleasure!

I am still confused on what is wrong with sick puppy's configs ? You state:

"They are a bit old though and I need config files related to the actual download as well."

What do you mean by related to the actual download ? You do know he uses all those configs for his current clients.

Fragnet, you asked for the files as well and ECF had just stated it a few weeks ago. All I was doing was trying to inform you to change the content of your first post some and completely focus on the configs/maps/mods or find yourself in hot water here. If your taking that as an attack on you then you better re-read what I had posted. It was a very helpful suggestion to mitigate any issues for TCAdmin, yourself, and anyone that would indeed respond that they'll provide those files. I don't know why you nor many have this chip on their shoulder that people are out to get them here but this community has helped me quite a bit without a problem ever.

It's quite satisfying to get a chance to set EVERYTHING just the way I want

It seems you were either looking to make things easier by working with someone who had the leg work done or your asking for it here now after that apparently fizzled. Neither are consistent with the above quote from you though.

Daniel,

Please edit your first post. Our company is completely against the transferring of purchased game files. This is essentialy asking someone to be a warez provider for you if you are asking for game files for games that must be purchased. Regardless of your intentions the wording in your post states "game files" clearly.

If you need some help with game configs and additional mods then by all means please feel free to ask for it. However as stated above most companies will not simply hand over all their configs that they spent time working on.

Here is a link to one of our KB articles for both STEAM and other dedicated server files: http://clients.tcadmin.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displaycat&catid=3

Thank you!

Edited by ECF

@ ECF - I have removed the entire post...

I do know where to get all the game files, where dedicated server files are available and which games you need to upload your game client installation. The game files were actually not the files i had in mind, it was mods, maps and patches.

As I stated in my first post, I stuck my neck out and I do regret it now....

@ LPG - TCAdmin backend is quite generic i m o. I saw my chance on saving me quite a lot of time, not having to "invent the wheel all over". It might have been a bit stupid - but I have put that in the past now.... I am not saying you attacked me in any way, I only said that people can refrain from posting degrading comments - not having you in mind. As mentioned earlier, I would never use any warez or offer to host any either. Most of the games in the list got dedicated servers files and all mods, maps and patches can b freely distributed. Sickpuppy didn't have any reason for sharing his TCAdmin configs on which he has spent quite a lot of time. I offered to pay for the service, so don't understand all the rabble in the thread. I tried to explain early on that I was not interested in any game files that would be illegally distributed, as that was not clear in my original post.

I have removed the original post, as requested by ECF and I have no interest to discuss this any further. I would rather spend my time on preparing the TCAdmin backend.

Peace out!

Edited by Fragnet

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use