What CMS do you use to administrate your site?

julian

cms is not really required, there are easier and faster ways.

all you need is a news posting script for the main page in php, and the frame written in php,...with frame i mean blocks, header foorter and so on.

Then you can simply create area files with the 2 lines of codes which automatically creates the frame and you can design your area with html.

Really useful, fast and easy way,...really recommending

I agree with MaxXx, but I used Joomla. I looked at it and started playing around with it and decided to try it out. The 1st and only site I have used it for :smile: IMHO php-nuke looks un-professional for a business site, but many have used it successfully.

I think it also depends on how often and how much you want to update your site. Also, the type of content you are changing makes a difference. Especially with images etc...

I do agree that you don't need a full CMS, to those that know (and most clans will) phpNuke looks like you couldn't be bothered...Its probably more suited to clan sites

We use AWBS (Advanced Webhost Billing System). Very nice package and integrated with paypal, credit-card systeme etc.

Nice signups where clients can order the games, webhosting, domainnames etc. Love it! Hope someday it can interact with the TCadmin API (it already interacts with API's from Plesk, cPanel, DirectAdin, InterWorx, Teamspeak etc)

Link: http://www.awbs.com

We prefer AWBS as we also use the InterWorx control panel for our hosting and most of our domain registrations go through eNom and thus have a great automated route for basicly everything except for the games.

i.e. With AWBS, if a customer orders a hosting package and a domain name (and pays online with for instance paypal), the domain registration, hosting setup is automaticly done within 5 minutes and his website is already up and running without any manual issue's for us. (we have more web/domain users then game users).

You do realize that everything you're doing with AWBS is able to be done through modernbill?

<div class="pre"><pre>

Integration Modules

mod_cpanel (stable) 3.1.10

mod_custom (stable) 1.0.5

mod_diradmin (stable) 3.0.4

mod_ensim (stable) 2.2.7

mod_freeradius (stable) 1.0.6

mod_helm (stable) 1.1.4

mod_hostopia (stable) 1.0.7

mod_interworx (stable) 1.1.2

mod_modernbill (stable) 0.0.3

mod_plesk (stable) 3.1.9

mod_sitepak (testing) 1.0.2

mod_sphera (stable) 2.0.5

mod_subscription (stable) 1.1.1

mod_tcadmin (stable) 1.0.3

Payment Modules

2checkout (stable) 1.1.4

Authorize.net (stable) 1.0.10

BluePay 1.0 (stable) 1.0.6

BluePay 2.0 (testing) 2.0.2

CyberCash (stable) 1.0.4

CyberSource (testing) 0.0.3

Echo Inc (stable) 1.0.4

EFTSecure (stable) 1.0.6

e-OnlinePay (stable) 1.0.1

eWAY (stable) 1.0.4

FirePay (stable) 1.0.10

LinkPoint (stable) 2.0.2

PayFlowPro (stable) 1.0.4

PayPal (stable) 2.1.21

ProPay (stable) 1.0.5

Protx (Direct) (stable) 2.2.3

PSIGate (stable) 1.0.5

USAePay (stable) 1.0.6

WorldPay (stable) 1.0.12

Registrar Modules

EmailRegistrar (stable) 1.0.4

eNom (stable) 1.1.10

Nominet (stable) 2.0.2

OnlineNIC (stable) 1.0.8

OpenSRS (stable) 1.0.14

Register.com (stable) 1.0.3

SRS Plus (stable) 2.0.2

</pre></div>

Modernbill is (personal opinion) mainly a billing system, not really a front-end for a website. (i.e. besides modernbill you need to have your normal website afaik).

AWBS is basicly an all-in-one package.

I use both Modernbill and AWBS on different sites.

Originally I started with MB and love it for webhosting and game hosting along with the integration with TCAdmin. But I feel it is lacking in the domain registration and domain administration areas. I use it for webhosting and then use the same database for my gameservers.

I have a domain registration site using AWBS and it works GREAT for that. AWBS is the best package I have found for this purpose. AWBS does have a hosting interface, but I feel it has a way to go to be on par with MB. It works well, but does not completely fit MY needs.

You should use whatever fits your needs the best. There is NO product on the market that fits all the needs of everyone. MB and AWBS are both excellent products, but both have their strengths and weaknesses. We have all chosen TCAdmin since it fits our needs for game servers better than any of the competing products. TCA integrates nicely with MB. Nothing is stopping anyone from using AWBS and TCA, but the ordering and automation is not integrated between the two. But if there is enough demand for AWBS, then TCAdmin should consider looking at it to see if it can also be supported. Maybe they already have and decided against it. Even if TCadmin would integrate with AWBS, I would probably be tempted to stick with MB, but I would definitely look at it and who knows, maybe I would switch to it.

Honestly we never looked at integrating with AWBS. We did look at integrating with another billing solution before we did our modernbill module, but they really had no type of API, and they offered no help in the way of documentation. So we moved on.

I will take a look at AWBS. But remember Version 5 of Modernbill will be releasing soon, and the new API is a coders wet dream from what we have heard.

So look forward to some new features within the TCamin module for the new 5 version of MB.

Maybe their domain registration has been improved as well?

• 2 years later...
I agree with MaxXx, but I used Joomla. I looked at it and started playing around with it and decided to try it out. The 1st and only site I have used it for :smile: IMHO php-nuke looks un-professional for a business site, but many have used it successfully.

NEI, not meaning any disrespect, but to call PHP nuke sites unprofessional when you sit is (for lack of a better description) so plain. It’s just a left side column with large empty blocks in the middle.

Thank you :).... I wanted a simple site that is easy to navigate for my potential customers. I did not want a site cluttered with a ton of useless graphics and looked like a clan site which is being used to run a business as a sideline.

As for my post from 2 1/2 years ago, I was expressing my opinion of using php-nuke as a business site. Yes there are many that do successfully use nuke for a business site, but my initial impression is generally that it is unprofessional. Again just MY personal opinion, nothing else.

Archived