Features and Ideas (Please help us)

ECF

I know that many of you testers are still getting things up and running with V2 and overcoming some bugs etc...

However. I visited a GSP review site last night and noticed something that caught my eye. There were probably a good 50+ GSPs that had reviews on this particular site and the rating including a "Features and Tools" category which users could rate from 1 to 10.

After browsing through the whole list of review I saw that roughly 80% of the GSPs listed there were using TCAdmin but in the features and tools category there were no reviews that said they would consider this a 10.

It ranged from 4 to 8 with 9 being the highest rating. (This company had their own control panel).

So it dawned on me that some of the lower scores will be GSPs that have not taken the time to setup MODS, Map Packs, Updates etc..., but we still are not fully providing the end user with eveything they want.

So I am asking all beta testers if you are able to to ask your clients what other tools or features they would like to see to help control and maintain their server(s). Please do not allow clients access to your version 2 panels, but try to get some ideas from them and report them here.

As we all know the end user clients are the ones that we need to make happy with ease of use and features. Mangement of course is another animal all together and you folks have direct input on that here in the forums.

While V2 will be evolving for sometime to come, we would like to start off on the right foot with some new features to help client better help themselves. This means less support tickets for you and more control to the clients.

Thanks to everyone reading this, and thank you to anyone who posts some ideas.

Kevin