the ports change

mrskrash

hi,

when i restart my dedibox some ports change on my game servers, how can i stop this from happening?

any ideas please?

Only way for ports to change is if the command is not hard set for ports. Other than that, when the box is restarted it reads the tcadmin config file for the service and starts it via the set command line.

Only way for ports to change is if the command is not hard set for ports. Other than that, when the box is restarted it reads the tcadmin config file for the service and starts it via the set command line.

no, as studeggle mentionned if you for exemple install 30+ CSS servers on a same IP you will get servers binding to a port that is not theirs.

The reason is that CSS uses port 27015 as default + port 26085 or something around. so when you start getting servers on port 27045 they will try to bind also on port 27015 making a conflict so your server on port 27015 will try to bind on port 27016, 27017, etc

Adjust you ports to increment by +10 within your game config in TCAdmin. This should solve your issue.

Or only use "default port only" and put a ton of IPs on your machine to handle all the games.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived