WHMCS / TCAdmin module assigned 2 game servers the same IP:port?

shawn

Alright so what happened is I got 2 orders within minutes, both for the same datacenter location. WHMCS then logged into TCAdmin and began setting up both servers as soon as the invoices were paid. All good so far, however... it assigned both game servers the same IP Address and Port. I imagine it's because it finished installing both servers at the same time and didn't have a chance to mark that IP/Port used before it assigned the second server the same IP/Port.

Is there anyway to setup a queue system, so once a order is placed and paid for it will be added to the queue - and then TCAdmin will only install 1 server at a time from the queue, in the order the installs were added to the queue.

Or is there another solution to this problem?

Yes I know but having automated instant setup is a big selling point, it also makes your customers happy because there's basically no waiting time for orders to be setup.

I could set it to setup the order only once I click accept in WHMCS but then if I were away from my computer it wouldn't be instant.

Yes I know but having automated instant setup is a big selling point, it also makes your customers happy because there's basically no waiting time for orders to be setup.

I could set it to setup the order only once I click accept in WHMCS but then if I were away from my computer it wouldn't be instant.

my bad I actually thought they were paid thro WHMCS but that you did the setup manually, the word "logged" sounded like manual intervention to me.

Well never had that kind of problem but as far as I can remember I never had 2 auto setups at once on a same machine as im using load balancing.

Maybe this problem will just never happen again, theres not much chances you get 2 orders at the same time for the same game and on the same dc no?

Else, is WHMCS doing the setup as soon as the payment is received or do you have a batch job scheduled every X minutes to check for paid orders and proceed? If batch job then you can reduce X to get it checked every 5 minutes that will also reduce the chances you get 2 servers set up at once.

Thats how I do with CE but im not sure how is doing WHMCS with autosetup, need to have a look at it.

I don't think the batch job would help. Because if there were two pending orders waiting to be setup of the same location and game, it would still setup both of the servers at the same time as soon as the batch ran, wouldn't it?

This issue should not happen. TCAdmin should lock out the first IP so it cannot be used for a second server. A queue system is not needed.

I see you opened a support ticket. Luis will take a look at it and will respond to it.

Luis' ticket response for anyone interested.

I have found the problem and I will upload a new update during the weekend or early next week to fix this. I have added your key to the beta testers so you can see the update.

Archived