servers wont query

lightspeed

Hello all. I rent a ded box, and tcadmin reports servers are running, but they wont show in any query, and you cant connect to any in the ingame browers, nor see them there.

cod2

css

both work fine

quake4 i was able to direct connect thru ip in the ingame browser, but server will not return queries.

halo, game servers in tcadmin reports its running, but server status in tcadmin cp reports no reply from server, nor can you connect to the server thru ip.

battlefield 2 same thing.

any ideas?

Most likely you have the wrong query, or query ports set in the system for the games that are showing no results returned..

As for Halo and BF2, if you can't connect, most likely they are not starting properly. Keep in mind the panel simply starts the server executable. If there is a configuration issue preventing the server from actually starting, it will still show as runnning in the panel, but you may not be able to connect to the game.

im leaning towards ecf's second explanation, BUT, to test it, i will follow 24play1's advise. ive fired up a cod install that got errors from tcadmin cp and wont even show in the game servers, but it worked fine. although, im not allowed to go into tcadmin to mess with it. but i dont have command line editors for anything except cod and cod2 installs. this may be a problem. im sure this is going to be an easy fix if we could just figure out the problem. i will keep you all advised, and please, if anyone else has feedback fire away. i will be trying everyones suggestions. and thank you all for your help. bear in mind, ive been running game servers, both win and linux, from home for about a year, but on the dedicated server im a NOOB. so thank you all for your patience also.

Easiest way to find a probelm is follow these steps.

1. Login to your Panel and locate the Game Server in question.

2. Click on that gameserver to open the details page.

3. Click the "Service Settings" icon

4. Locate the "Preview" button under application settings header and click it. This will display the current commandline that the server is using within TCAdmin at the top of the page.

5. Copy the full commandline from the top of the page.

6. Login to your server via remote desktop.

7. Click Start>Run and paste the commandline from the panel in the field. Then hit enter or click OK.

This will attempt to start the server right there on the desktop using the files and commandline that TCAdmin is using.

Once running, check the game console for errors. Or possibly a windows error to give you a clue to why it isn't starting.

Also, what OS are you running on that box?

windows 2003, but ive checked the c-line for halo as per your instructions, and it looks like that may be the problem, the last switch -path profiles, i believe is not pointing to the correct location, i could be wrong, but i will have to wait to try it when i leave work today to let you know. you see, i work for LARGE corp, and the OS we use here was last used by Fred and Barney. so i have no remote desktop capabilities. ya think they could flip for XP?

Change it to this.

<div class="pre"><pre>-path %userfilespath%</pre></div>

Halo by default stores its files in C:\Documents and Settings folder under windows.

Using the -path command changes the location that Halo uses to store and to look for these files. The %userfilespath% is a TCAdmin variable which denotes the full path to that users files for that game.

http://my.tcadmin.com/downloads/tcadmin.pdf

:lol:

Just kidding.

First goto System Setting>supported games and click on Halo in the list. Hunt for the Default Command line field and change it there.

Save that and then go back and locate the existing Halo server you have setup. Click on it, goto Service Settings and simply click the save button at the bottom. This will update that server with the changes you made in the game config.

unfortunatley, i dont have access to do that. lol, and i do have the manual and am reading it now LOL. i was granted command line changer. it does not have 'edit' next to each line, just select or selected. so when i created the new fix one, save it, select it, and go back to service settings, it still shows the current wrong line.

already left a ticket, hopefully by the time i get home, i can change them. ya i wish i had a little more control, maybe ill just drop my own box, colocate, and buy a license from you, the support here is top notch. I will keep you advised throughout the night, not that this is the excitement of everyones evening, but someone else may have the same prob in the future, and this thread may save someone 3 days of troubleshooting. off to hit the traffic!

ya, he is taking care of me, im fine, i will spend many months with him no problem, i just got to get through this glitch, although with the amount of tickets ive given him in the last 3 days he may want me gone LOL. BUT, i started the server thru console like you all said, with your cmd line change, and it is working totally fine. just fyi, its not bound to host ip, but extra ip no problem. queried in a split second, and game browser sees it no prob. i just need to access the cmd line changer so i can change them. just fyi, all of these probs happened when we switched cps to one with no logo on it.

Archived