Anyone here...?

ECF

We have a client that is getting a windows pop-up "memory cannot be read" error message whenever they restart an AA server on their box.

I just tested it on Windows 2003 Server and don't see that issue. So it seems to be specific to Windows XP and/or this system they are running.

Just trying to track down possible causes, and rule out the WinXP OS basically.

Well the server we are testing tcadmin on is windows xp, and i did not have any problem so far. But what is weired sometimes is that tcadmin blocks the windwos xp firerwall message on first startup, so it would be an advice to run every game once manually per console so the windows xp firerwall can ask you if you want to block or authorize the process. That ran me into some trouble already, especially with rcon programs, but a restart errror really not so far.

I am running windows xp professional with most xp features switched out btw, perhaps that guy has some trouble with any of the unnescessary features which are switched on?

Archived