Short time renting

weep

Not directly, tcadmin controls game servers it is not billing software.

Also as far as I know there is no addon script for any of the main billing softwares WHMCS, and clientexec that will do this. But that is where you would want to ask. Tcadmin will turn the server on whenever it is told to turn it on, it will turn it off whenever it is told to do so. But it does not keep track of time.

Hi,

thats a shame. However I am not interested in taking charge for the service. We are a rather large gaming community and would like to offer our players free hourly servers for their cw's.

Since tcadmin is not able to do this, is there any other script that is?

Pretty much whether you wish to charge an actual fee or not, billing software and the addon modules are your best bet. The thing you have to realize is money drives production (with one exception) so therefore billing software either separate or a game server control panel that is attempting to be all in one so includes billing functions is where it would come from.

Now this is on the automation side of the house, if your dealing with community you may wish to look at a wider array of people with access to the control panel. The panel does support multiple levels both in admins and users so with some creativity you might be able to get a similar hourly sever affect simple controlled by people manually instead of the click of a button on a website. As I stated initially the software will create, start, stop, reinstall, delete, ect whenever it is told to it just doesn't have a timer function.

Now as I said earlier there is one exception to the money drives creation, and that is the open source community. I've never seen anything like you are asking in open source, but I have never asked. Best bet on open source solutions would be to head to several open source forums and post there asking if anyone has already made it or would be interested in tackling the challenge. Open source might also be your best bet as they often code just for the challenge and there are some serious flaws to trying to build a business on the hourly rent scheme, which is why I don't think any paid script exists. The idea has been brought up but so many holes are always punched in it that I don't think anyone taken the financial risk to create it. But of course open source has nothing to do with finances.

Cant you just do it manually? Create a subuser in TCA granting him certain rights on a certain server and revoke them after a few hours.

this is more reliable solution and ofc at no cost

No, im afraid that is not an option. With the ammount of users and server requests we have I would have to sit there 24/7... It has to be automated.

I may have actually found a script that can do this: gamecp.

"Users can order servers in blocks per hour, they pick the time - you set the price. The server can then only be managed during that time."

However I have heard some negative feedback about them. Will have to give this a thought, leaning towards a custom solution.

Archived