Americas Army Problem

MaxXx

Hey, I got a first AA customer and having some trouble with that game.

In normal Console mode the server is running smooth and without problems, but when tcadmin handels it i get spammed with the usual stuff, game server crash and so on.

I am running Win XP Professional experimental on that server, could it be due to that since i was reading some problems regarding aa in combination with win xp already?

Thanks in advance

max

What exactly do you mean with is the query working?

The status is displaying in the server list, everything seems to be normal, just that the game is crashing all the time, but in tcadmin in the status area <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">Quote:</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

No results were returned.

</td></tr></table>.

If you are showing "No results Displayed" it means the query in the panel isn't set correctly.

If you have the game monitor plugin set to restart games, then thats what it will do.

Change the game compatibility to blank, and see if you have the same problem.

If it is set to NOT restart then that would not be the issue.

Compatibility can be found in System Settings>Plugin Manager

Click the configure link next to "Game Server Compatibility"

The problem could be with the WinXP operating system and the way that services run within it. I know that another user is experiencing similar issues.

I have tested it on Win2k3 Standard, and it does not appear to have these problems.

I have set the compatibility to blank now and have not received any further crashing emails, and the server seems to be up allright, so i guess it should be ok.

But what I experienced a lot with windows xp and tcadmin are firerwall problems. Tcadmin blocks the windows xp window where the os is asking how to handle the new process, if you dont click on "always allow" the ports for the instance are blocked and the game server mostly crashes or has bugs. Pehaps you should expressly write in the manual to run processes manually once to unblock from the firerwall under xp, or to somehow include an update which solves that problem aswell somehow.

Archived