Minecraft Config Files

Mr Joe

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright thanks, it wasn't working earlier because i had the .exe version of MC. .Bat worked fine. Also, how can I make it so users cannot edit a certain variable. your explanation got me confused in the other thread. Help would be appreciated thanks!

I think I've almost finished a config file, I may offer it for download once complete.

Problem I've encountered thus far and can't seem to get by:

- When I go to set up a Minecraft server, it asks for an RCON password for set-up (even though the RCON password variable is never used in any of my configs).

Could someone please tell me how to disable requesting for the RCON password so I can set up (and the client can re-install) the Minecraft server without being asked for the RCON password (since it's not used, after all)?

Thanks in advance. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
hey guys,

im seeing a WARNING Can't Keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?

Any idea? Servers are working but i just get this error randomly.

Thats a generic message Notch put into the Server console. Its okay doesn't mean anything realistically until he come up a reason that it means something.

not when you're a noob like me:/

good opportunity to start learning then ;) just give it a try u will see it cant be easier, you can check ur existing configs if u got a doubt.

Just leave game compatibility blank and as game executable put the start_server.bat or whatever the name you gave to the batch file you made to start the server (that batch must contain the java and command line as mentionned on minecraft website downloads section)

gave it a go, looks like it installed and started but i cant edit the server_properties file when its running but most other games you can:/ it says its already being used by another process. any ideas?

stop server first, never tried editing with server running on minecraft but on arma/arma2 u gota stop server to be able to save the changes made in cfg file.

For those who had some trouble, I've just tested the game config with the server.properties template also for Alpha and had no problems. The port increment is 1.

Firstly you need a mca.bat file in the MCA folder.

This mca.bat will contain:

java -Xmx512M -Xms512M -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui

Make sure you download minecraft_server.jar from the Minecraft site and place it in the same folder.

Game template as attached.

Enjoy!

Minecraft Alpha.txt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did anyone get the server administrators to work or console?

I know there is a panel for minecraft called mcadmin or some sort that is specialize for minecraft but don't really want to get 2 panels.

Also I don't believe you can use any server administrators through HLSW.

What are you guys using to monitor your minecraft server through console, etc? Without joining a server and inputting commands and without login to RDP and type in commands

Did anyone get the server administrators to work or console?

I know there is a panel for minecraft called mcadmin or some sort that is specialize for minecraft but don't really want to get 2 panels.

Also I don't believe you can use any server administrators through HLSW.

What are you guys using to monitor your minecraft server through console, etc? Without joining a server and inputting commands and without login to RDP and type in commands

why would you need that?

Simple solution : join the server and type the cmds in game.you can play in browser.

and no you cannot use HLSW of course.

if you want to see console output just enable log viewer and stream the log

why would you need that?

Simple solution : join the server and type the cmds in game.you can play in browser.

and no you cannot use HLSW of course.

if you want to see console output just enable log viewer and stream the log

I'm guessing there are server administrators who are interested in this and

don't want or have to go into the server just to type in a command I suppose.

I suppose your right but you buyers these days want easy managing as possible =/

game being in beta and frequently updated, a third party tool to manage it will be a pain in the *ss as you will more likely have to keep its version compatible witjh each minecraft version your customers run.

Edited by dimitrifrom31

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use