Minecraft Config Files

Mr Joe

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys,

I downloaded the current Minecraft Server TCAdmin Config files, installed it as a game but Im having a couple issues..

First off:

When the Game Server Boots up, (Minecraft_Server.exe) it starts but TCAdmin keeps attempting to check to see if its running so it attempts to keep booting up more and more copies every 3 seconds. Ive fixed this for atm by Setting the, Check to see if running: 100000000 (Not perm of course). So I need to know how we can fix this..

As well once the server is running, Javaw.exe takes over so Minecraft_Server.exe is no longer running. When I shutdown the Server via TCAdmin (Stop) it says it stopped but the Server is still running until I end task it..

Does anyone know how to fix these 2 issues?? (Multiple Copies starting and and Not Stopping)??

Ive tried creating a .bat and running the EXE and it still runs into the same issue.

Can someone please help?

Thanks a lot..

Jason

Hey Guys,

I downloaded the current Minecraft Server TCAdmin Config files, installed it as a game but Im having a couple issues..

First off:

When the Game Server Boots up, (Minecraft_Server.exe) it starts but TCAdmin keeps attempting to check to see if its running so it attempts to keep booting up more and more copies every 3 seconds. Ive fixed this for atm by Setting the, Check to see if running: 100000000 (Not perm of course). So I need to know how we can fix this..

As well once the server is running, Javaw.exe takes over so Minecraft_Server.exe is no longer running. When I shutdown the Server via TCAdmin (Stop) it says it stopped but the Server is still running until I end task it..

Does anyone know how to fix these 2 issues?? (Multiple Copies starting and and Not Stopping)??

Ive tried creating a .bat and running the EXE and it still runs into the same issue.

Can someone please help?

Thanks a lot..

Jason

Jason, your kinda going about it the wrong way. Do this, put the minecraft_server.exe file in a folder, now start it up. Then exit out of it, when it starts up it will populate all the files needed, since it didnt have it before. What you need to have TCA run is the .bat file NOT the .exe file.

Do that and you should be good to go.

Hi Integrapynoy,

Well originally the server does not come with a .bat file anymore. Thats the issue. So would I just make a new .bat file execuiting the minecraft_server.exe?

Is there anything special that would have to be in the batch file? What about stopping it? (Ive tried the making a .bat file so it executes the server and the same thing happened all over heh)..

Please and Thanks

:)

Anyone else around that can help? Please? :-D

I made a .bat file and yet it still just makes it boot all the time (Check to see if Running) and when I stop the gameserver it does not stop the actual game server.

Bat consisted just of: Minecraft_Server.exe

Any ideas?? (Did state this in my OP)

Edited by jyanta902

• 3 weeks later...
if u mean viewing the console just use the log viewer feature

I asked that before.

Its just there some people who don't like going into the server but I mean it does only take like 1 minute to connect.

However, I guess they just want to notify users without joining the server

if they need to update a plugin or such.

Because the log viewer you aren't allow to send console commands can you?

I know there's a way you can use HLSW with minecraft tho. Haven't tried it myself yet.

I asked that before.

Its just there some people who don't like going into the server but I mean it does only take like 1 minute to connect.

However, I guess they just want to notify users without joining the server

if they need to update a plugin or such.

Because the log viewer you aren't allow to send console commands can you?

I know there's a way you can use HLSW with minecraft tho. Haven't tried it myself yet.

never heard of HLSW supporting minecraft, and even if it would i doubt there would be rcon support since minecraft has no rcon.

• 3 weeks later...

could someone explain to me exactly how they setup minecraft to work.....

I've downloaded the configuration file, then I created a bat file that runs this

java -Xmx512M -Xms512M -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui

shows as service started but its not running... What am I missing? Thanks everyone

shows as service started but its not running... What am I missing? Thanks everyone

I get that also. Although mine is running so it uses 2GIG of RAM, since it's 20 slots. That shouldn't affect it though. When i double click the BAT file from remote access to my dedicated server, the server comes online as it should, however when I use TCAdmin, it doesn't start the BAT file, however the panel tells me it's started, when I check failed connections, I see the following.

Start Time: 	2/23/2011 5:39:07 PM

Times Crashed/Not Responding: 	108

Last Restart: 	2/23/2011 5:48:35 PM

It then keeps trying to restart every 5 seconds (approximate).

got mine working didn't change the startup executable to the named bat file minecraft.bat I created...

Have a new isue though the game creates and tries to start but when streaming the server.log file I found that it did not change the port number in the system.properties file. Anyone know where I set this to modify this file?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

post reply I think this might have something to do with tcadmin being 32bit trying to execute a 64 bit variant of java for allocating more than 1.5gb of ram. That's what our team came up with at least? If I'm wrong will someone please correct me and let me know how to solve this too.

• 2 months later...
If you don't allow ftp and file manager, how are your users going to add and edit their servers stuff like make admins, ect

If you are using a bat file to launch the file just let them have access to the file manager cause they cannot access the .bat files in there.

You guys are going around this the wrong way. You have to use the command line to open whats inside the batch script. The batch isn't the best way to do it!

BTW my way works.

Well if the .bat way isnt the best... Mind sharing what is? As I have not had any problems running the servers of a bat file.

Thanks

You guys are going around this the wrong way. You have to use the command line to open whats inside the batch script. The batch isn't the best way to do it!

BTW my way works.

batch would be the best way and the most secure if you are selling servers.

restrict access to .bat on FTP and File Manager.

I know you need to change some commands to the .bat such as bukkit mod, so what you can do is set it as an "auto install" mod but you have to have the time to update it with recommend bukkit.

You can also set canary or whatever mods they need as an auto install.

Then they can just install their own plugins.

I wouldn't give access to .bat since they change memory, and such like that.

Also a security risk.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use