A few Pre-Sale questions

Guest Dorkslayz

Guest Dorkslayz

Hello TCAdmin forum members,

I am considering purchsing TCAdmin but I am not sure what I need to get.

I have my friends computer for webhosting (75MB/s Upload, 100MB/s Download, Lithuania) but I am not sure what licenses I need to get to set it all up, What are the master and remote server licenses and what game files do I need to upload?

Regards

Dorkslayz.

Master and remote are per machine licenses. Every setup needs 1 master, that is the brains and has the website to control all the remotes. Remotes are addon machines that will simply host games.

The only reason for having more then one master is if you have machines really far apart like US and UK. Then you might want to have an additional master so the website (game control panel) is closer to the machines and will respond faster.

You must upload ALL game files for games you wish to host. TcAdmin does not supply game files. They also do not provide technical support for individual games it is your responsibility to know how to run each game you wish to host. You are free to post questions in this forum and others regarding hosting specific games. But that takes time you can't expect people to be sitting around to help you for free, and you need to write specific questions.

Questions like ...

How do I host a game server?

My COD won't run?

Why is my Team Fortress 2 server laggy?

Are more likely to get smart-alack responses or ignored then, get you any help. Because they are just to broad to answer effectively and show a lack of studying on your end.

Guest dorkslayz

So do I need to purchase the Master server license to run it, or can I do without it?

If I was to purchase a small windows VPS, What min system requirements would it need? (Ram. etc.)

Regards

Dorkslayz

Guest Dorkslayz
What do you want to accomplish?

Well I would like to establish a game-host, But first I need to find a good server control panel.

Regards

Dorkslayz

Guest Dorkslayz.

I know that when I'm playing a game like GMod, It requires a fair bit of ram. But how much does the server require?

(Would a Semi-Dedicated server work then?)

Regards

Dorkslayz.

It depends on games being hosted and processors and other server specs on a system. Probaly a minimum of 4gb of ram but without all the other server specs that realy is a pie in the sky number

as stated before game host machines should be dedicated not gps or some word play (which is all semi-dedicated is)

P.S. The best place to learn about game hosting is your home computer. If you can't do it there you won't be very likely to do it at a server sitting in a datacenter where you have no physical access and time is money literally. Once you are proficent at running them on your home system you will have a clue on their resource usage and you'll have a good starting point for learning the added challenge of remote hosting.

Archived