monday night combat

dustoff

general remark : when making a config request you should post much more info about the game like server files download link, dedicated server how to , etc.

I know searching on Google doesnt cost much but since you were too lazy to make your own config (or learn how to) why ppl wouldnt be too lazy to search on google to help you out ? :)

If got the dedi files however there are some problems. Game is in beta and not using the standard ut3 ports . Also right now it depends on steam running on the box and you must have a account that bought the game. I think once it is out of beta it might work.

I tried a ton of work arounds but nothing I did would work.I tried the same trick it took to get Bloody good time to work but still no go.

Was hoping someone had got it working is why I made the request.

Right now the only way to get the dedi files (that work) is to buy the game for $14 and have access to the beta. But you can not run more than one server.

If got the dedi files however there are some problems. Game is in beta and not using the standard ut3 ports . Also right now it depends on steam running on the box and you must have a account that bought the game. I think once it is out of beta it might work.

I tried a ton of work arounds but nothing I did would work.I tried the same trick it took to get Bloody good time to work but still no go.

Was hoping someone had got it working is why I made the request.

Right now the only way to get the dedi files (that work) is to buy the game for $14 and have access to the beta. But you can not run more than one server.

I think there might be a work around for that, but the game files aren't out yet or that I know of unless you prepurchase like you mention. But I wouldn't want to deal with "beta" anyways since it leads tons of troubles and issues.

Just like AvP 3=/

• 1 month later...

Hmmm....either I'm doing something wrong with the config, or the files are not ready on Steam yet. This is all I'm getting:

Checking bootstrapper version ...

Updating Installation

No installation record found at

Retrying in 30 seconds. . .

Retrying in 30 seconds. . .

HLDS installation up to date

The Steam update has completed. You may close this window.

No files are being downloaded, etc.

I have successfully managed to get it working, and it does update with hldsupdate tool. Two patches came out one after the other, so lucky shot there :) My question is, which game compatibility would be best to use? When running under TCA, I've gotten several "not responding" reports with server restarts, but running straight on the box, it has no problems, and taking the punishment. Any ideas?

I will post ours later. I need to do some cleanup on it as I made it when we were renting servers out during the beta. I have just been updating it as needed, but haven't done a full revamp on it yet.

It really isn't difficult to make these, think it took like 10 minutes to make this one the first time around.

I will post ours later. I need to do some cleanup on it as I made it when we were renting servers out during the beta. I have just been updating it as needed, but haven't done a full revamp on it yet.

It really isn't difficult to make these, think it took like 10 minutes to make this one the first time around.

Thanks for spreading the love, man :)

I've been doing a bit of research on how MNCDS functions, and how I can integrate that into TCAdmin (As the current version of MNCDS stands).

Here are a few notes;

- You will need to install DirectX in order to run MNCDS - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3

- Multi-Home (being able to specify an IP or port) does not exist. [yet?]

- Port numbers are incremented automatically by the corresponding "instance ID" you give the server.

In my config, custom port 1 is the instance ID. This is then added to the default game port (7777+SID).

For those wondering how to do this with a TCA expression, use this in Custom port 1 (expression section):

Convert.ToInt32(%serverport%) - 7777

- Pretty much everything is controlled from the command-line, except for the admin password.

I will most likely be making a small application or batch file that will read these settings from a text/config file, to make it easier to rent.

I'm at work at the moment, so I haven't had the chance to do proper tests and work more out. I will do so when I get home.

Edited by stewsta

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use