Homefront

Flightwatch

Release is planned 8th March 2011.

They mention their will be dedicated servers, but I don't trust it anymore since COD:BO :)

PC Version

Homefront's PC version has been outsourced to Digital Extremes, a Canadian developer responsible for numerous Unreal Tournament games and Bioshock ports. Frank Delise, the executive producer of the PC version has stated that the PC version of the game will feature exclusive content and dedicated servers. Additional exclusive features include clan support, DirectX 11 graphics, and first person vehicle cockpits. It has also been confirmed that Homefront will be released on Steam.

Thank you for the information...one i am now following on twitter.

Whiteboard feed back is that gaming files will be available for Dedi servers but we have heard that all before. Will be a shame,if like BO, they choose to stick with one provider and limit access.

Fingers crossed.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to stay on top of this one. I rent a dedicated server that has TCAdmin on it. We run our battlefield servers on it with no issue. I hope we can run Homefront on it as well and that it does not go down the path of CoD BO.

• 2 weeks later...
All of them

:) hope not at least they should proof they are legal company not one man show runing in black, that's what is most iritating to me, and I know few of them here who are like that with 1-2 rented machines breaking the prices just because they don't pay any taxes etc...well why they should lol.

p.s.Talking about EU dont know about others :grin:

What's the point signing NDA to be testing bunny? Lol server files will be public after release anyway .

Thats what they asked of us so we did it. If you say the files are coming to everyone why even comment. Maybe is will change between now and then.

I also heard that the files released to the public will be non ranked. Not sure but heard it.

well I am just saying what I saw on hf public forums files should be released in public and also you can find on forum there is no unrunked servers they are all ranked. One of the posts there

"""dedicated server files will be released within 2 weeks of the games release. Before then only some trusted GSP's will have the files, so they can stress test the servers"""

as I said this is from public HF forum nothing top secret tho :) maybe this will be change after all will see!

We received the email.

The NDA is mostly for marketing material, and disclosure of server architecture.

I pre-ordered and know a ton of others who did. Very excited, I was in love with frontlines and this is just holy grail of game studios.

Look forward to the release!

Archived