Arma2 OA patch 1.57

Hello Dimitri:

I think you do not need to be looking at this game the touched files, it is best to prepare the whole .rar with all because of their size and you will save time.

It's just an idea but I always do so.

not sure I understand what you mean, do you mean rar the whole game again? Thats 6Gb+ ie 3 nearly 3 times bigger. And making a game mod with touched files only takes 3 mins (just gota delete the file that are not marked as "modified on the date you patched" and zip/rar the rest).

Im also zipping the whole game so new servers are created in latest version.

You actually don't need all those files it reportedly touches.

You can trick the patch.exe..

Empty the default install path folder of everything but the game.exe and server.exe files, and the unistall info. It still uses

registry install path info thats why you empty the folder.

Run the patch.exe.

Zip that up and it's only like 500 MB, 310 or something Rar'd.

Works just fine no issues whatsoever.

This probably won't work for a game client but it sure works on the servers.

;)

You actually don't need all those files it reportedly touches.

You can trick the patch.exe..

Empty the default install path folder of everything but the game.exe and server.exe files, and the unistall info. It still uses

registry install path info thats why you empty the folder.

Run the patch.exe.

Zip that up and it's only like 500 MB, 310 or something Rar'd.

Works just fine no issues whatsoever.

This probably won't work for a game client but it sure works on the servers.

;)

doesnt cost much to zip the whole touched files.

I wouldnt use your method as it could create problems with mods that have dependencies with original files returning an incorrect file size and making the server not boot.

doesnt cost much to zip the whole touched files.

I wouldnt use your method as it could create problems with mods that have dependencies with original files returning an incorrect file size and making the server not boot.

Doesnt effect mods at all.

To each his own but zipping 2.6GB of files for a patch is crazy, especially when TCA can't handle a patch file that big half the time nor will the tca patch creator work with anything over 2GB as it only uses winzip and it's limit is 2GB.

Doesnt effect mods at all.

To each his own but zipping 2.6GB of files for a patch is crazy, especially when TCA can't handle a patch file that big half the time nor will the tca patch creator work with anything over 2GB as it only uses winzip and it's limit is 2GB.

making it manually takes 2 mins.

I got .zip's of 8Gb+ and never had any issue.

Glad you never were reported "data file too short" issues by doing so but I just wouldn't take the risk as everyting works fine using the standard method :)

Archived