HurricaneHost.com has been acquired by LightSpeed Gaming

Jesse

Don't know, but in the last 4 days since I found out they've already earned two strikes against themselves. I certainly hope it is just a rough start otherwise I have to hit the road looking for a new ventrilo reseller.

I wish there was some way to either convince potential employees your legit without selling ventrilo or to acquire vent licenses still. Just so hard finding company's up to my standards :(

Don't know, but in the last 4 days since I found out they've already earned two strikes against themselves. I certainly hope it is just a rough start otherwise I have to hit the road looking for a new ventrilo reseller.

I wish there was some way to either convince potential employees your legit without selling ventrilo or to acquire vent licenses still. Just so hard finding company's up to my standards :(

What have they done so far to earn those strikes?

ECF, I have debated whether to post this or not. Perhaps I never should have posted my first comment if so I'm sorry. But with repeated requests I have decided to try and cleanly post the thoughts behind my first post.

It was there activity during changeover. First they start by billing my credit card without authorization. Sorry buying hurricane host does not authorize them to blindly charge all of their customers. Customers should be notified first of the change then if they choose to stay you may charge their card. Credit card fraud is rampant in these times so many of us closely monitor our cards for fraud.

Then instead of being forth coming when I contracted them by support to hopefully resolve the charge peacefully. At the time I still believed it may be fraud, but I wanted to provide the benefit of doubt to them as most merchants penalize business for disputes. I got the run around since they didn’t want to disclose the sale yet. Wasting over an hr, then simply being told, Ooops it was a mistake on our end we’ll reverse the charge. Not the best answer but after dinking around with it for over an hr and having much better things to do I figured well at least they are reversing it so I’ll watch for the reverse and as long as it comes through no biggy.

Then the next day I get told, we have just reversed the charge on your card but since we purchased hurricane host that reversal is the reversal of your payment on your invoice so you must now log in and repay your invoice. What, why didn’t you just say so in the first place. Do they think there customers have nothing better to do then repeatedly pay invoices?

And only 2 days before that were my first two issues with Hurricane Host in support technical and billing departments. Now I have no knowledge of the exact date of the transaction but I do wonder about the closeness of the occurrence especially in light of the later activity.

As stated earlier, we have high standards, many may consider the above activity of no concern and that’s fine. But for us it’s below our standards and has us wondering what the future will hold.

As stated earlier, we have high standards, many may consider the above activity of no concern and that?s fine. But for us it?s below our standards and has us wondering what the future will hold.

If those minor issues have you concerned good luck finding another company with higher standards. I think you are setting the bar too high my friend.

We moved from Dark Star to Hurricane Host over a year ago. Not because Dark Star wasn't meeting our standards, they were a great company. We just needed to add Mohawk voice, big mistake but I will save that for another post, and Hurricane allowed us to offer both Ventrilo and Mohawk voice.

Never had a issue with Tim and support before, Used to be a standing joke, As he used to reply within minutes at all hours,

THIS!

HH especially Tim has always delivered fast support for us. Answers within minutes even at 3am on a Sunday which we have never experienced with anybody before.

I am sure this will continue to be the case as Light-Speed is a big company with an equal if not better reputation as well.

Looking forward to this :)

Archived