Fraud warning

Defcon|Rich

If you sell dedicated servers please check each order carefully. We had a handful of orders the past 2 days come through fraudulant by the same person..

It's important to note that our fraudguardian software reported the orders perfectly legit. We only caught on to it because we verify each order by phone..

For the guys doing autosetups you may want to re evaluate the procedures for screening new accounts..

Your FraudGuardian Report for:

IP: 24.10.153.6

Domain: msn.com

City: CLEARFIELD

Region: UTAH

Postal: 84015

BIN: 419455

var1: TRAVIS FONNESBECK

var2: travismetalhead@msn.com

var3:

var4: 1575 SOUTH. 1000 EAST.

var5: CLEARFIELD, UTAH 84015

var6: US

var7: Phone: +1.8016030381

City: SYRACUSE

Postal: 84067

BIN: 544927

var1: TRAVIS FONNESBECK

var2: travismetalhead@msn.com

var3:

var4: 2039 S 3300 W

var5: SYRACUSE, UTAH 84067

var7: Phone: +1.8016863030

City: OGDEN

Postal: 84404

BIN: 436618

var1: MIKE PETERS

var2: oraghost@msn.com

var3:

var4: 693 EAST. 1050 NORTH.

var5: OGDEN, UTAH 84404

var7: Phone: +1.8016863030

Were they legit phone #'s for the account holder, or the fraudster, or just bad phone #'s? How did you catch them exactly... (I do calls for all new signups too, but have yet to get hit yet).

A simple email asking for them to call back is what did it. They of course never did and oddly enough just a few hours later tried to put another order through using a different name and info but same IP..

The Varilogox fraud prevention system also works with Fraudguardian as well. It's another layer of protection which actually calls the client with a pre-recorded message asking for information before the order will be accepted.

It has a setting to allow the user to specify the $ amount threshold that it will call at, so clients that order small packages such as a game server or voice server won't be called, but clients that order large ticket items such as dedicateds will be called.

The cost is $1.25 per call. A small price to pay per order in my opinion. A few chargebacks and your credit card processing rate will go up. Nothing will be 100% accurate. but the more protection you have the better. Especially on large ticket items.

I spoke with Jim Ryan from Varilogix while we were at the modernbill conference a few months ago. He explained to me how their software works with the existing FraudGuardian software and Modernbill.

Their website is here:

htp://www.varilogix.com

wow that is pretty cool will have a closer look at it , thank you a lot for the link :grin:

Another question, is there a way (i think i heard of it) to use a phone number somehow registered to the internet redirected to a computer program or my phone?

That wouldbe something i would really need :roll:

Thanks in advance

max

wow that is pretty cool will have a closer look at it , thank you a lot for the link :grin:

Another question, is there a way (i think i heard of it) to use a phone number somehow registered to the internet redirected to a computer program or my phone?

That wouldbe something i would really need :roll:

Thanks in advance

max

Yes your talking about varilogic. It will call and verify the phone number of the customer.

Archived