2 servers not showing in server list!

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if this is trial version related, but I have created 4 game servers. 3 Counter-Strike 1.6 and 1 Counter-Strike Source.

However, If I look them up in STEAM (or manually try to add them in favourites) it only finds 2 of them?!?!

Do you have any idea why this might be happening? It is definately not firewall related as I have even tries turning my firewall off!

I just can't see why 2 of them would show and the other 2 don't ( at least the other CS 1.6) Does STEAM take a certain amount of time before it regosters new servers?

Hope someone can help, as this the final hurdle before we shell out for the full licence, and I have 2 customers waiting.

Many Thanks,

Paul

EDIT: As a note of interest the 2 servers which are showing up are taking up 66Mb RAM, whilst the other 2 are just below 20Mb!!!

make sure you have specified a map '+map de_dust' as the server will boot up but not initialise, and thus wont show any results when queried or pinged.

Also make sure you have sv_region set or steam will not show the servers in its master list.

Thanks Stealth,

I decided to do some further playing around and have done the following:

1. Deleted ALL my game servers and 'Supported Games' from the panel.

2. Imported the Counterstrike 1.6 and CS Source game files from the config file forum here.

3. Created a Counterstrike 1.6 and CS Source server.

Now the CS Source came straight up in the list, but the Counterstrike 1.6 server is not appearing? I suppose this indicates a dodgy config,.

Do you have a working Counterstrike 1.6 config file? If so, could you post it for me?

Many Thanks,

Paul

Even Weirder!!!

I created 2 more Game servers. 1x Counterstrike and 1 CS Source. Again the CS Source comes straight up, but the Counterstrike one is missing - I even tried checking 'Interact with Desktop' again, but this didn't make any difference!

Help, its getting confusing!

You can enable interact with desktop when creating it manually or automatically. Just mark the "Interact with Desktop" checkbox.

To view window's console session:

If your server is Windows 2003 add /console to the shortcut you are using for remote desktop.

If your server is Windows 2000 or XP you will need to install VNC. http://www.realvnc.com works best for me. Just download the free version. You will need to install it on your server and on your PC you will need to install the viewer.

I had this problem...

What operating system are you using? The reason is basically you are not logged into console on the PC. With WindowsXP to get around this bug I made Windows Autologin to the desktop and then login via Remote Desktop.

I did this using Microsoft's Powertools: TweakXP its all free :smile:

If you on a different operating system like Server 2000/2003 make sure your logged into the CONSOLE session and not a normal session as yet again you wont see the processes :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Chrisolver,

I have now set up a .BAT file which logs me into TS on the console. For those of you with a similar problem - just copy the following into a BAT file. Make sure you change the IP and/or PORT numbers!!

<div class="pre"><pre>cd C:\WINDOWS\system32

mstsc -v:111.222.333.444 /F -console</pre></div>

Hope this helps someone else.

I cheated and made a shortcut for RDP with

<div class="pre"><pre>%SystemRoot%\System32\mstsc.exe /F -console</pre></div>

as the target line and thus can connect to any of my servers instead of a seperate .bat for each one.....

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">DougK94</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

I cheated and made a shortcut for RDP with

<div class="pre"><pre>%SystemRoot%\System32\mstsc.exe /F -console</pre></div>

as the target line and thus can connect to any of my servers instead of a seperate .bat for each one.....

</td></tr></table>

Yup thats acctually what I did.. edited the settings for a RDP file :smile:

Archived