Payment Gateways

CobbyJUK

Hello, i use PayPal, and have been for a while, but im looking for anouther payment gateway which i can take credit cards and so on, my billing is all SSL 1024 and so on, just trying to find the right one.

if anyone knows of one prefreble with no setup costs.

Regards

Cobby

have used paypal pro for years now, combined with google checkout. One cool feature of google checkout is the ability to have no fee's taken out, if your account is linked to your google adwords account. I believe for every $100 in adwords you spend you can process $1000 free....Very cool feature, when that measily processing fee can be larger than some peoples profit margin this ends up being a win win win:)

The trouble I have had with google and I welcome feedback from other users is they bypass my creditcard fruad checks but then since I have no ups/fedex/usps delivery proof are unwilling to allow for any defence against disputes. And with my fruad rate through google running about 40% I am getting very close to shutting them off. As my merchant account is only at 1% disputed and only about .3% actually refunded (lost by me). So the lost funds from google checkout are killing us.

The trouble I have had with google and I welcome feedback from other users is they bypass my creditcard fruad checks but then since I have no ups/fedex/usps delivery proof are unwilling to allow for any defence against disputes. And with my fruad rate through google running about 40% I am getting very close to shutting them off. As my merchant account is only at 1% disputed and only about .3% actually refunded (lost by me). So the lost funds from google checkout are killing us.

I can honestly say i've never had that issue, i havn't had 1 dispute through google checkout, We've been using it for about 1 year now

my problem is with paypal pro, is that they would want ?40 a month off me plus a percentage, seems quite alot..

I believe it's 30.00/month plus the transaction fees. These are unavoidable as any merchant gateway will charge you transaction fees because they go to the cc company, mastercard,visa etc. Some gateways charge for other things like monthly statements, risk fund ( most web hosting related companies are considered high risk because of all the fraud) and high transactions fees. While payments pro is a nice feature and you can combine your paypal subscriptions and cc payments into one account. Paypal also releases the payments as soon as the transaction is processed compared to other gateways where you may have to wait 2-3 days. Google checkout is ok and we used it in the past without any chargebacks but it also requires clients to register with there site.

You are best off going to your local bank and setting up a merchant account through them. However as ProClan stated there are costs associated with having a merchant account as you will also need a payment gateway such as Authorize.net who actually handles the credit card transactions. And yes, they do take a % of the sale.

Archived