Bug: Game services stuck in unknown state after 2.0.19.0 upgrade [RESOLVED]

ViolentCrimes

TCAdmin Version: 2.0.19.0

Operating System: Debian Squeeze, 64 bit, Stock Kernel customized for 1000Hz

Machine Specs: Dual X5472 @ 3.00GHz, 8GB

Database Type: mysql

Just a heads up, after upgrading to 2.0.19.0 my game services are stuck in "unknown" state, even after restarting the serviceman and monitor services and making sure no processes are lingering. Doing a clean install, I'll report back if it occurs again.

*edit 2*

Upgrading via console with running services leaves all the servers in 'unknown' state, with no option to start.

In 2.0.18.0, saving each game Service Settings restores 'start'. Able to start the server afterwards. I can start tf2 servers fine, rest isn't working (StartError)

In 2.0.19.0, saving each game Service Settings restores 'start', but am not able to start the game services with it. It gets stuck in 'starting...' and no process is actually started.

Right now we can't really use 2.0.19.0, since it refuses to start services.

Edited by ViolentCrimes

in above state:

In 2.0.18.0, with MONITOR_USER and SERVICEMAN_USER as root, restarting serviceman and monitor just restarts a couple of servers, but web interface claims all services are started. Later on it shows StartError for all broken services.

With MONITOR_USER and SERVICEMAN_USER as 'violent', the account running tcadmin, just restarting the serviceman and monitor restarts all the services fine.

All tcadmin and game service files are owned by 'violent'. I see nothing special in logs.

I think I know what's wrong.

By default the games are configured to run as tcadmin2game.

When you had the service manager configured to run as violent it created the game servers in violent's home directory. It does not run them as tcadmin2game because it does not have the permissions.

When you configured the monitor to run as root it tries to run the game servers as tcadmin2game. This user does not have permissions to access violent's home directory.

The solution is to move the files to /home/tcadmin2game and update the service settings and change the file owner to tcadmin2game.