Bug: Services doubled after serviceman death [RESOLVED]

ViolentCrimes

TCAdmin Version: 2.0.18.0

Operating System: Debian Squeeze, 64 bit, Stock Kernel customized for 1000Hz

Machine Specs: Dual X5472 @ 3.00GHz, 8GB

Database Type: mysql

Sometimes serviceman-service just stops (without any error logs as far as I can see, unless they are stored /outside/ the serviceman log dir). The game services continue running, but after restarting serviceman-service it starts all the game services another time, doubling them up.

I seem to remember something about serviceman being changed in 2.0.19.0, but I no longer seem to see that version in the auto update.

Edited by ViolentCrimes

I'll do some tests. When you stop the service manager it leaves the processes running. When you start it again it should detect that the process is already running and not start it again.

I'll do some tests. When you stop the service manager it leaves the processes running. When you start it again it should detect that the process is already running and not start it again.

does it use the .pid files in monitor/services? I noticed those contained a pid of 0 (only looked after restarting the service manager, so no idea what set it to 0).

Yes it reads the Service.pid to get the process id instead of starting a new process.

I have not been able to reproduce the error. It might be a bug when switching from the old method of starting the services to the new method. If it was caused by this a reboot should fix it and it should not happen again.

• 1 month later...