Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Flightwatch

I know it's too soon (or already too late for exclusive rights), but with the release date and teasers revealed, what can we expect?

Will there be dedicated servers or will it be the same system used in MW2 ?

And if there are dedicated servers, will it be with exclusive rights like Black Ops?

http://www.callofduty.com/mw3/map.html

Packed with 15 levels set in locations around the world, from Manhattan to the catacombs of Paris, Modern Warfare 3's near-future campaign looks to be an experience that will top anything seen before in a Call of Duty game.

Multiplayer, too, seems to be shaping up to be an experience packed with new maps, experiences and ways to game.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will have as many as 20 multiplayer maps, though it's unclear if some will be cut before release or perhaps sold later as expansion packs. The game will also include a powerful mix of mission-based and survival Special Ops modes. While the mission-based levels will be designed like the ones made popular in Modern Warfare 2, we're told, the survival maps will have players fighting until they're overcome by increasingly difficult waves of enemies.

I would say it will be locked down either with IW.net or an exclusive provider.

I wish this wasn't so, but it seems that is the way IW and Activision are moving these days.

Maybe try contacting IW to inquire about it?

• 3 months later...

Archived