Several profiles for choosen configuration files

Goran

Is it possible to create several profiles based on choosen configuration file.

Example:

Call of duty 4 server has server.cfg which is created at game server creation time.

I want to create 3 different profiles based on server.cfg which will be stored in database, let's call them:

CTF profile

TDM profile

WAR profile

When I activate one of the profiles it overwrites main/server.cfg file and restarts the server.

This will save a lot of configuration time and changes.

Have you tried using predefined commandlines with different .cfg for each one?

No, but then I need to interact to create the command line for user etc.

What I ment is to provide an ability for him to create several profiles for chosen configuration file, by this way he can just select the profile he wants and restart the game server.

So, you wanna have more that just 1 Predefined command line, thats right?

Hm no.

What could be handy is :

- 1 configuration file

- Several configuration file profiles ( profiles stored in db, on activation saved to main/server.cfg )

So I have 1 file and several profiles of the same file stored in db, used on demand.

Predefined commandlines are only specified in the game once. You don't need to create it for each client.

I thin that the combination of predefined commandlines + custom commandlines does what you want.

In the game's details create 3 predefined commandlines:

CTF profile

TDM profile

WAR profile

In config files create server_ctf.cfg, server_tdm.cfg, server_war.cfg. Each predefined command line executes its own file

Common features can be in global.cfg to avoid configuring hostname, rcon etc more than once.

In server_ctf.cfg, server_tdm.cfg, server_war.cfg the first line would be "exec global.cfg", then all the specific cvars.