ventrilo

MaxXx

Hey could some of you perhaps give me tips how you got the license? I sent in a request with all information they requested about 4 weeks ago and they won't reply. Like they say on their website:

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">Quote:</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

All license applications will be reviewed, however, due to the volume of applications we receive it may take anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks to process your request. It may take longer so please be patient.

</td></tr></table>

I know 2-4 weeks i am just at the limit of waiting time, i am just really wondering why it takes that long, did you have to wait that long too or is there another way? I am really kind of depressed since so many people want it and i can not provide my customers with it.

Your best option is to go with a reseller to start with.

Show Flagship that you've got a steady customer base for it, and they're more apt to send you the info.

It took me 3 months of constant emails to have them send me the signup paperwork.

Also you need to make sure that your company is registered, and incorporated or they won't talk to you.

P.S. I'm sure having your site looking like a complete rip of http://****zone.com doesn't help

Chew

P.S. I'm sure having your site looking like a complete rip of http://****zone.com doesn't help

Chew

Chew is right about the reseller option. I also must have sent at least 1 email a week for 5 months before I got a reply.

Flagship Industries is one of the worst run companies I have worked with in this marketplace. I personally try not to offer their servers to my customers unless my customer just refuse Teamspeak. I've noticed a decent shift from the old school Vent user finally accepting TS. They still think Vent is better mainly because of it's thinner client. I just do my best to not promote them nearly as much as I do Teamspeak.

EA Games is another company on my poop list. Of course, I offer their games for hosting but go out of my way to make sure I don't give them more business than they can earn themselves.

And finally, ignore Chew's comment about your website. Ripoff or not, it won't matter for the application process. Chew's comment was an insult towards you personally and had nothing to do with your original post.

It's actually quite simple. Common business sense really on Flagship's part. Why would they give you a license? They allready have numerous resellers which sell their product. If you can't offer it, the client will allways be able to get it from someone else who is licensed. Which means in the end Flag gets their $ regardless of who sells it to the client.

Bringing on more resellers only increases Flagship's workload by creating more billing, paperwork etc..

The points above are valid though. You need to be a corporation. Flag will not even speak to you unless you are a corp or LLC, and have been in the business for years, not months.

Well first of all thank you for your replies, I would like to write a statement to chew's comment later in this post. Now to the ventrilo problem. I have realized too that Teamspeak is much better then ventrilo, people still nearly all prefer ventrilo especially in games like Americas Army.

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">Quote:</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

The points above are valid though. You need to be a corporation. Flag will not even speak to you unless you are a corp or LLC, and have been in the business for years, not months.

</td></tr></table>

I know that you have to be a legal registered company to be accepted as ventrilo reseller, I read there "read before contactin us" and I would not have written an email if we were not registered as an AG (PLC) which is common in Switzerland. But how would they decide if the company is legally registered before they even replied to to request legal documents for proving? This is really weired. Same applies for how would they know how long we are in the business and why would they care about that as long as they know the company they are going to provide with the license gets them some more money in? :roll: I do absolutely not agree with the comment either that they would get to their money anyway, because the customer would go somewhere else? That is just not true, the few clients i have after 2 month of running my business and want ventrilo as well are waiting for me to get the ventrilo license, probably they will go to another company now that i tell them i will not request the license anymore, but it is still stupid if a company has the chance to get their product even sold faster and wider when getting more resellers. Not to be mentioning that ventrilo could need some more popularity points if they want to keep it up. Well in any way, I do not think i want to try to keep on getting this any way.

Thank you for your help @all

now to the comment chew dropped by, which gets me kind of angry, even thou the comment is true in some point. As we started with tcadmin, some of you might still remember our old site, which was poor and of course not be getting us any customers. :lol: But calling our site a rip off is not justified, you might call it an intellectual rip off but not use that word in another sense. To be exact, I am not trying to deny that the idea comes from the site you have mentioned, but i can assure you that not even one picture is stolen from that page which first of all destroys the description rip-off. All images are done by a friend of me and only out of idea of that page, a lot of own input has come into the page and it is getting developped away from that style. Not to be mentioning that we are currently re designing it any way. Your comment here was pointless and stupid which does not really make you any better then us. The people who know the original site have realized that since long anyway, and we would have to be very stupid to not know that. This is all i am saying to this and hope to be taken serious by all of you if we have a new web site, because to be honest I dont think anybody here seems to be taking us serious at the moment, and that is a mistake as well. The chances are low for a GSP to still get big and grow at the moment, since every 13 years old boy tries to make money this way (especially as GSP), and I am not saying that we think we will raise to the top hoster after 6 months since this would be the opinion of the 13 years old boy mentioned above. What I want to say by this is that you should give every new GSP a chance to grow and build up a successfull comapny, if it is not working out that is a big enough disappointment already. In these forums everybody should be respecting a new GSP since every new tcadmin customer i have talked to by IM is a new GSP.

Well I do not want to start a whole forum discussion more likely i would like to have this thread deleted, in any way this is my opinion.

Greetz

max

Well this hits the nail on the head.

<div class="pre"><pre>probably they will go to another company now that i tell them i will not request the license anymore</pre></div>

Ventrilo still will get their money from whoever sells a server to these people.

Mind you, I am not saying I agree with their business practices. I am simply saying I see why they do it.

yer i see that point, it is still not making sense to me, forcing people the hoster they get it from. The way americas army does it is really justified and well done. We are in progress of becoming a honored reseller in americas army, and even thous they do not have a lot of honroed resellers in europe yet, they would not have the need to do that either, all europe would have to get a server from the Netherlands an UK (clanservers.com) if they would work the same way ventrilo does. But they dont, and there is no host in switzerland offering ventrilo servers, and basically ventrilo forces all gamers in switzerland to get a server from Germany or France which is not the way a company should be operating. It is a shame in first place they do not even have a proper application form, like Americas Army, in stead of that they have an email adress they check once a week to process a request, this is the opinion i am getting when requesting a license for them, and I am sure they are not targeting for that either. So I hope you see what I mean, of course the customers will go somewhere else now, but they do not have the server from the place they would like to get it from.

By the way I have heard somebody saying in a forum that ventrilo and teamspeak are done by the same developers which i cant believe out of the reason of the strong and small minded license policy of ventrilo and the nearly open source product teamspeak (yep i know that you have to get a license when you start taking money for servers). As well on the sites I see that Teamspeak was developed in Hamburg (legal notices) and ventrilo seems to maintained in the US.

Thanks for a clear up of this.

I have just looked at that website ***zone thing...

I do not agree it is a ripoff.

Simply because it's not at all the same !

It might look the same at first look, but than you see the different colour schemes used in the websites, I do believe they use the same font, but that is not a big deal !

I'd say on a scale of 1 to 10, it would be a ripoff of 1 ^^

TBH, I'm quite suprised that anyone would make a comment like that in a forum allowing similar comapnies to HELP each other out.

You'll probably find alot of companies websites look similar (especially GSP sites) because they all share a certain 'look' about them. It is the business genre which really dictates how your site will look.

Anyway MaxXx, in case you were worried that you aren't being taken seriously, you can rest assured that I am (taking you seriously that is). Some of your posts have been a great help to me, and I'm sure many others.

Keep up the good work :grin:

Archived