Bug - File Transfers from Remote FTP

djonz

TCAdmin Version: 2.0.22.0

Operating System: Windows Server 2008 Standard R2 - 64Bits

Database Type: MySQL

Hi, don't know if it's a bug or just a bad configuration by myself. We setuped a remote box as the "Game Files hosting box".

I think Danny asked you for help about that. Files were not constantly transfering or simply crashing when creating a new server that needed files from the remote.

We have 127.0.0.1 in our IPs and I activated the "Use for new game servers" option since we are using it for system/internal software. There is what i found.

<Key xsi:type=\"xsd:dateTime\">2011-06-30T00:46:09.9791372Z</Key>

<Value xsi:type=\"xsd:string\">Searching for an ip that has the required ports</Value>

</Entry>

<Entry>

<Key xsi:type=\"xsd:dateTime\">2011-06-30T00:46:12.3971415Z</Key>

<Value xsi:type=\"xsd:string\">An error occurred. Time to clean up. (CreateGameServer)</Value>

</Entry>

<Entry>

<Key xsi:type=\"xsd:dateTime\">2011-06-30T00:46:12.4595416Z</Key>

<Value xsi:type=\"xsd:string\">Unable to connect to the remote server</Value>

</Entry>

<Entry>

<Key xsi:type=\"xsd:dateTime\">2011-06-30T00:46:12.5219417Z</Key>

<Value xsi:type=\"xsd:string\">System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8880

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at TCAdmin.SDK.Web.References.OperatingSystem.OperatingSystem.IsPortAvailable(String ipAddress, Int32 port)

at TCAdmin.GameHosting.Automation.AutomationProcesses.?(Service ?, Game ?, GameHostingCreateInfo ?, Boolean ?, Int16 ?, Int16 ?)

at TCAdmin.GameHosting.Automation.AutomationProcesses.?()

at TCAdmin.GameHosting.Automation.AutomationProcesses.Start()

at TCAdmin.TaskScheduler.ModuleApi.StepBase.Start(Object arguments)</Value>

</Entry>

May the server try to connect to the remote for transfering files using 127.0.0.1?

I've tried removing the 127.0.0.1 from the IPs list of each server and everything seem to be working normally now and no more errors...

NOTE : I think you transfered the "How to post a bug" topic in the Resolved bugs...useless sticky now :D

Edited by djonz

I've simply removed the 127.0.0.1 from the IPs list and it's working without any problems.. On the log, is says "Searching for an ip that has the required ports". Could TCAdmin took 127.0.0.1 for an IP that have the required ports?