Extract Downloaded File?

Brett

I have a TCA Script running that downloads a .zip file, but I would like to take it another step and have the script extract the file after it has been downloaded. Is this possible to do from a TCA Script?

This is the current relevant code...

Dim serverplugin As TCAdminBase.Plugins.IGenericPlugIn = TCAdminSDK.Remote.InstanceCreator.GetPluginFromServer(service.ServerID, "TCAdminMonitor.StandardPlugins.RemoteServers.ServerUtilities")
serverplugin.Execute(New Object() {"DownloadFile", "http://xfactorservers.com/testfile.zip", savepath})

I have a TCA Script running that downloads a .zip file, but I would like to take it another step and have the script extract the file after it has been downloaded. Is this possible to do from a TCA Script?

This is the current relevant code...

Dim serverplugin As TCAdminBase.Plugins.IGenericPlugIn = TCAdminSDK.Remote.InstanceCreator.GetPluginFromServer(service.ServerID, "TCAdminMonitor.StandardPlugins.RemoteServers.ServerUtilities")
serverplugin.Execute(New Object() {"DownloadFile", "http://xfactorservers.com/testfile.zip", savepath})

Brett,

Have you thought about it calling a batch file to do the extraction?

Thanks,

Jeremiah

Thanks Jeremiah + ECF, I had considered that but being obsessive compulsive I always like to keep everything packed into one neat little file if possible.

I was assuming that there was probably some easy way to do so using the API that I was missing, but I will go ahead and just set it up this way for now.

• 7 months later...

It has been a while since I brought this up, but is there any chance of getting the code to do this as opposed to using a batch script for it? I would like to consolidate this completely to a tca script if possible.

*Edit*

Disregard, it looks like unZip() in the TCAdminSDK.Util Namespace will work.

Archived