Installation on Debian 5

Lite

I'm using Debian 5 on all my current game servers. The master server has been installed on a temporary VPS with Debian 6. The installation went without errors there.

I'm getting problems installing mono on Debian 5. Some of the dependencies are missing.

Is mono really required to run a remote server? Has anyone managed to install mono on Debian 5?

Building it from source seems like the only way installing it on debian 5. I couldn't find a repo that included all the missing dependencies.

I think upgrading to Debian 6 is alot easier than trying to install it on Debian 5.

64bit of course. It would be nice if you could upload it.

Another short question. How do i get my master server out of the api settings, where i can select the servers for automatic gameserver setups. I've to specify the server explicitely. It would be easier if i could select [All Servers], but then it tries to create gameservers on the master server.

Edited by Lite

In all the master's IPs disable game and voice hosting. Servers > Master > Server IPs

In api settings > game hosting tab select all servers except the master.

Here is mono 2.10.3:

http://www.tcadmin.com/installer/mono-2.10.3-x86_64_deb5.tar.gz

Download to /opt and extract there.

After installing tcadmin you will get errors starting the services because the default mono is 2.10.2. Edit /home/tcadmin/mono-config and set the new path: /opt/mono-2.10.3 and restart the services:

cd /home/tcadmin/Monitor
./monitor-service restart
./serviceman-service restart

If you have problems start the monitor in console mode to check for errors:

./monitor-service stop
./monitor-console

I've tried installing this version of mono on a clean Debian 5 VPS. Mono gives this error when starting up:

mono: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.9' not found (required by mono)

I couldn't find libc on the repository. Regarding to this link it has been removed: http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/glibc.html

Copying the libc from Debian 6 is not a good idea. It broke the linux install. (This is what vps'es are made for)

Also, on all the master server ip's the game & voice hosting is unchecked, but it still appeares in the list, making the [All Servers] useless.

I've successfully compiled mono 2.10.3 by my own on debian 5 64bit.

TCAdmin is running well :)

My setup guide:

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
#all the packages that i've installed for the compilation, some may not be required, but i haven't got the time to sort them out
apt-get install bzip2 gcc pkg-config libglib2.0-0 libperl-dev libgtk2.0-dev bison libpcap0.8 zip unzip
#download the precompiled mono. I've compiled it on another machine, and zipped it for easier distribution.
cd /opt
wget http://www.blockhost.de/downloads/mono.zip
unzip mono.zip

Done. Just change the mono path in "/home/tcadmin/Monitor/mono-config" to "/opt/mono-2.10.3"

Edit: My setup guide works/is on/for fresh installed systems.

Edited by Lite