Windows firewall exceptions

gemcneill

Hello again, another question. How to I setup firewall exceptions for the windows firewall. I figured during the install when it said it would interface with the firewall it would do this automatically, but it does not work. Also I tried running a batch file script with the same commands I used in tcadmin 1 to allow exceptions and remove them once the server was uninstalled, but still nothing. Can anyone help me with this?

George

The Windows firewall integration will work but only if you run an exe directly. If you run it with a batch the .bat will get added to the exceptions instead of the exe. If you enabled windows firewall integration in the server settings you need to restart the monitor for the changes to take effect.

These are the commands from v1 with the v2 variables:

After Created Event:

netsh firewall add allowedprogram "%ThisService_Executable%" %ThisService_IpAddress%_%ThisService_GamePort% ENABLE

After Deleted Event:

netsh firewall del allowedprogram "%ThisService_Executable%"

You can find all available variables here:

http://help.tcadmin.com/Custom_Scripts