Far Cry Files

kalyse

You may want to call your datacenter as well. Most will pop the CD in the drive on the server for little or no charge.

Then you could simply install it there.

Just a thought...

What happened to the good old 'get in the car and drive to the dc' option ?

(or are we spoiled ? We're just 20 minutes away from the DC.. or 12.5 minutes without checking for the highway police.....) :smile:

I agree with the upload speeds. Currently I have Cable internet at home. The download speed is great (10mbps) but the upload is very slow. They advertise 512k upload, but I am lucky to hit 56k :shock: while uploading anything.

Business cable in the US has just become common. Pricing is about +$30 more than regular home cable, making it look attractive for me.

There of course is DSL as well.

I know that sometimes games from Direct2Drive require patches directly from Direct2Drive. The regular patches downloaded from elsewhere may not work on them.

Other than that, I would have no clue.

The patches arent there. There is no installation for them.

However when I look at the splash screen forthe actual game is says Patch 3.3 on it. Does thatmean I have installed thegame already patched?

Also when you purchase the game from D2D it says

Version: 3.3 does that mean that its already patched?

Thanks I hope so

I think it is working.

I have seen the server in TCAdmin Proccesses saying it is running serveral times before and It has not actually been. I donnt have the game installed on any of my home computers to check. How can i actually confirm short of asking someone?

The IP is:

87.117.224.200:49001

Thanks

HI all

I have gotten it working however OMG, what is the point of running a Farcry server?

I mean running Farcry 16 Man, should mean that it has to be a dedicated server. Is it me or is this just unreal??

I dont play Farcry so im not sure how to properly configure it, I only know basic commands. Is there something like Tickrate as with CSS that will lower the CPU usage because I cant host it like this.

The server Im running it on is Dual 3.0ghz Xeons with 2mb cache each,

See image below:

farcry.jpg

farcry.jpg

Archived