v2's next big feature  

48 members have voted

1. 1. v2's next big feature

• Support tickets
    • Custom icons and scripting
    • Disk space monitoring/limits
    • Bandwidth graphs/limits
    • Support for Shockvoice

Can you explain exactly what you mean with "limits" for disk and bandwidth?

I'm thinking this would be like the slot and private monitoring, set the quota for each in the game settings and have options for suspend,disable,stop, and email user. When/if a client reaches the limits you set.

As for feature order I'd vote,

Shock

Disk

Icons

Bandwidth

Support

Now if the support ticketing system was to be usable by resellers for their clients, that changes things completely.

The features that I am waiting for the most (in order) are:

1. Custom icons and scripting

2. Sub Users (not on the poll :( )

3. Bandwidth graphs/limits

4. Disk space monitoring/limits

5. Support tickets

Some points about the features

Would love support for custom icons and scripting so we can use tcadmin 2.0 to its full potential. Looking to release anything I code for tcadmin as open source on this forum.

Sub users – in V1 over 80% of our clients have got a sub user. Our clients could not live without sub users, based on feedback from our clients.

Bandwidth graphs/limits, Disk space monitoring/limits good idea. Would be nice if we could look at the average of disk space, bandwidth for a client or game type, etc.

Support tickets – would be nice if this can link into whmcs support system in some way. I.e. Not sure how this would work yet. But we will always use whmcs for our support, due to the other non-tcadmin products that we provide.

What do people think about the above, do you agree or not and why?

What are people looking for in the Support tickets?

Regards,

Roy

SubUsers is needed, badly.

Better Minecraft Support - we're moving our systems over to v2 hopefully soon, does v2 support graphing for memory usage on Minecraft, in v1 it works for srcds games but not for minecraft.

Cheers

You can view live cpu, memory and bandwidth usage. Memory and cpu graphs work for any game. Minecraft is stopped with the stop command so it gets to save before closing. You can view the console and and send commands from your browser.

support ticket is what I'm interested in and if it can be integrated with WHMCS that is great!

If whmcs is already integrated within v2 via the billing api how would this differ? If the users are allowed to change their login credentials and emails within v2 and not with whmcs then their not going to matchup either way. Just curious though on your thought process here???

I was thinking that as every Tcadmin user would not have a WHMCS user, maybe have a custom field (admin only) for their tcadmin username. So when a user goes to the support page they will have a form like

Department: [support]

Subject: []

Priority: [Medium]

[Message]

Attachments: [FILE]

[Open Ticket]

And TCAdmin would automatically pass in the email address, client name and tcadmin username (to custom field)

What do you think?

This may be true for sub-users that have access to the game sever or voice server. I just think if your using whmcs and you utilize its billing system, its overkill to have support tickets turned on with v2. I know for v1 as soon as I moved from MB eons ago to WHMCS I only wanted the account holder to have access to support tickets.

Now something that I think would be good to carry over from V1 would be the option to add links to say support tickets. If v2 is responsible for usernames and passwords for billing, I think that would be a security risk. Then again it still needs a way to talk back and forth with whmcs when a password is updated.

If their was a section of v2 that could import or if a script was written to import the users tickets into v2 that might be of interest. Not sure I would use it but would be of interest.

I just think that a ticket system when 90%+ of the GSP community are using WHMCS is not a necessity. Get the other features like ShockVoice, Bandwidth and disk monitoring is a higher priority.

The main reason that we would be putting a support inside of tcadmin, would be so that any user that has access to the game servers, can have support. Not only the main billing user. While this would be support for their game server and no billing issues.

You are correct Steve, I dont see the point off having support either i had never used it with V1, i have always used whmcs built in

I suggest getting more important things done first

EG

Disk space monitoring/limits

Bandwidth graphs/limits

Thanks

Here is what we would choose. We have based them not off of what we would like most but what would be best for the beta, and we think that is best for everyone.

Icons - This is a beta and even though we want to have it all done already it wont be. Allowing all the hosting companies out there fully customize and tweak their setup before final release is very important.

Disk - This would be for more or less a function of security testing and redundancy. It wouldn't take that much for something like this to cause major problems so the longer we can all spot any possible bugs the better.

Bandwidth - Same as above

Support - In-cp support is not needed for a beta and should be one of the final things implemented in after all the functionality has been added.

Shock - Would be super awesome to get this implemented and it would be our first choice but for the good of the "Beta" it is not. A single product generally shouldn't take priority of main functions especially since everyone does not use it.