Restart server = 2 server ! ?

narutopgm

Hello,

I have a problem with the server restart, it happens when I click restart the server the server does not reboot and duplicate this process over a spear.

my favorite server after 1 retry :

ps aux |grep 27015|grep -v grep
tcagame   3996  3.5  0.4 202636 77388 ?        S<l  14:26   0:01 ./srcds_linux -console -game cstrike -condebug +maxplayers 14 +ip 178.33.255.249 -port 27015 +exec server.cfg +map de_dust2 +fps_max 66.67 +clientport 57015 +tv_port 47015 +replay_port 37015
tcagame   4083  4.3  0.3 199544 73364 ?        S<l  14:26   0:01 ./srcds_linux -console -game cstrike -condebug +maxplayers 14 +ip 178.33.255.249 -port 27015 +exec server.cfg +map de_dust2 +fps_max 66.67 +clientport 57015 +tv_port 47015 +replay_port 37015
tcagame   4096  0.0  0.0  12076  1508 ?        S<   14:26   0:00 /bin/sh /home/tcagame/Admin/4/orangebox/srcds_run -console -game cstrike -condebug +maxplayers 14 +ip 178.33.255.249 -port 27015 +exec server.cfg +map de_dust2 +fps_max 66.67 +clientport 57015 +tv_port 47015 +replay_port 37015
tcagame   4101  4.5  0.3 198144 72664 ?        S<l  14:26   0:01 ./srcds_linux -console -game cstrike -condebug +maxplayers 14 +ip 178.33.255.249 -port 27015 +exec server.cfg +map de_dust2 +fps_max 66.67 +clientport 57015 +tv_port 47015 +replay_port 37015

Edited by narutopgm

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry it's my fault, i put 5 sec in the text console, with 20 sec no problem

I've actually been having this issue as well and wanted to make a thread on it.

If I restart/stop a server it doesn't fully kill the process. If I restart it will hook onto a new port because the previous did not stop.

So far to fix it I just changed the stop command to "killserver" instead of "quit" which I would rather not and changed the Web Console Input to "RCon Protcol"

Which, using RCon is a little annoying to do every time. Not that the console is being kind to me.

I've been having trouble getting the web console to work for me at all really. It displays just fine though.

If I just set the wait command to "20s" would that work better or am I not doing something correctly here?

PS: This is happening with all the servers I have installed (CS:S, GMOD, HL2MP)

With the RCon protcol set to CounterStrike (not sure what to use) and Query to (Half-Life 2 new) to sorta fix it.

Also, sorry for posting on an older thread, but it is not to old and is the same issue.

~SpaceBass~

Edited by SpaceBass

Hi,

If this happens every time please create a support ticket with the url and login for your control panel and ssh access for your server so I can see what's wrong.

Changing the rcon protocol and query should not have any effect when stopping a game server. The rcon is used when you go to current activity and click on the rcon button.

Hi, thanks, but I believe I have resolved the issue.

Not sure how, but I do know before it didn't stop because it gave it a restart command in the console.

Changing it to "killserver" instead of "quit" may have been the fix. I can try to recreate the issue to be double sure if you want.

I was having trouble with the Monitor continuously freezing up and not being able to stop or restart it through the terminal or services. The process was stuck so I had to kill it then start the service. That happened all day yesterday, but was fine Today.

Another note. A small error in a script flooded one of my servers (which was fixed), but at the time I had kill the process manually because trying to stop it through the web would not work, I guess because that just sends a command to the console, which wouldn't have worked if it was being flooded.

Though, I had to then repeat the monitor freezing up process, not sure why that kept happening.

Same bug for me :x

I changed quit to "killserver" too and now that's ok

But there is always one little process keeping alive after stopping one gameserver =>

[mono] <defunct>

So each time I stop a gameserver I have +1 process like that, and they never vanish.

Any hint for that ?