Steam Update Error

Jaggl

Hi,

since some days now i am getting this error when i run an steam update:

Starting the Steam Update...

****Don't close this window. If you close this window the update will still be executed on the server****

Stopping the game server...

Game server has been stopped.

Checking bootstrapper version ...

Updating Installation

Logging in as 'hosters_at'

Connection Reset, WinSock Error 10054 "Connection reset by peer"

Starting the game server...

Game server has been started.

The Steam update has completed. You may close this window.

Hier ist the CMD Line what we use now since over 3 or 4 years!

-command update -game "%gametype%" -dir %gameserverfolder% -username %steamaccount% -password %steampassword% -remember_password

Ok without the username and pasword it seams to work.... but why just without? my cmd line worked for years now and now.....

so do i dont need a username and password specified

when you login, you need to reach the authentication servers as well as the content servers....More than likely the auth servers are down, or have your IP blacklisted temporarily for exceeding connections/throttled time limit.... I've had this happen before when an update comes out and clients on their own dedi's will run tons of update queries from the same system at the same time. You shouldn't need the username/pw to receive any of the steam files....(I may be wrong on certain titles? Garys Mod?)

We of course apply touched files and don't use the update tool on a mass scale, and this alleviates this issue entirely.

Thats my guess anyway, based off what you have stated thus far.

Archived