Enforce config variable values

wizzler

Is it possible to enforce game variables and their values set in configs ?

For example, I generate a default config which has a variable telling what network rate it should have. If the user changes this value and restarts the game, it should still be locked to the value I want.

some variables can be enforced in command line but also changed by client in game via rcon.

For HL you can deny modifiction in command line with an alias:

+alias fps_max echo blocked

as for hostname if you talk about branding you can set the branded test in the game config then mark the game server as branded. if the string gets altered/removed server can be disabled or you can be emailed according to what you have set in the tca plugins settings (game monitoring)

well mainly i want to limit the ability to change the rates in games. For my example i'm looking at Red Orchestra 2 where there are min and max rates which i don't want users to be able to change.

my last solution would be deny access to the config file and just open up the web gui for the user.

Archived