No games found when on NFS shares

magi

Hi,

I have added a Windows server to my TCAdmin Master Server.

The games folder is on a NFSshare on the network. The path is atm X:\tcafiles\games\ and X:\tcafiles\users\

I can start a game locally on the server, but TCadmin doesn't find any games when i try to create a gameserver in the webgui.

I't says "There are no gameservers configured on the selected server."

Anyone got any tips?

Kind Regards

M

I don't think network drives are available for services. They are only available for interactive logons. If you start the monitor in console mode it will probably work.

Why don't you compress the game files and configure the monitor to download them using ftp?

I get nothing in the TCA Monitor console efter it loads and starts services i try to create a game on the server. But there is nothing in the console.

Would it be possible to let the service access the mounted share?

Kind regards

M

Currently you can only configure it to download the files from other monitors. You can configure more than one monitor to hold the game files. It does not have to be the master.

If you compress the game files and enable the option to keep a copy of downloaded files the monitor will only download the file if it does not exist locally or if the file on the master has been modified. If you do it this way the remote monitor does not have to download from the master every single time.

Hi,

So there is no way to store the userfiles (C:\TCAFiles\Users\) on a network share since the Monitor Service can't access network shares?

We would like to store everything (Gamedir and userdir) on a fileserver.

Are you saying thats not an option?

The only way is to use a blockdevice (SAN/HDD)?

Kind Regards

M

Wierd, now the FTP from master whont work either.

It downloads the folder instead of the bf2.zip file. And when its downloaded theres a bf2.zip file in the users gamedir.

What am i doing wrong?

Nothing shows in Monitor Console mode, and the logs say that it downloads the bf2.zip file. But the error is that it cant find the executable in the users gamedir.